I could burst with pride...!!!

Araboo27

Visit site
We had our first solo hack this afternoon, Ellie was so good despite a few potential spooky triggers! Our YO was building up a huge bonfire up with his tractor, we rode past the edge of a field with two horses cantering up and down the fence and two idiotic motorbike riders whizzed past us with no attempt at slowing down. She had a couple of wobbles but nothing a bit of leg on didn't solve. Overall, I'm just so proud of her!! She's only five and hasn't been in work for a couple of months and I'm not massively confident on the roads either...I seriously can't stop smiling and no one else except you lovely lot will understand why this is such a big deal :)

Araboo27

Visit site
Well done you, here's to many more!!! :)

Thank you! It probably doesn't seem like much to a lot of people but I've been such a nervous rider recently and built it up into something terrifying, lol...I messaged my instructor straight away like a little girl wanting to impress her teacher ;)

Deltaflyer

Visit site
I've been the bold, confident one and the nervous one and back to bold and confident so I understand how horrible it is being nervous.

When you're nervous everything you achieve gives you such a sense of pride and boosts your confidence.

Well done and keep on having fun :)

Brummyrat

Visit site
Well done! I can totally understand. My old boy was hopeless on the roads which has left me not exactly bombproof! I now have a 4 year old and Im determined that he's going to be brave, he is so far but going on the lane still give me the jitters as there's so many things he hasn't seen yet. Hopefully I'll be making that call to my instructor one day!

TrasaM

Visit site
Huge well done to you and your horse. I've been there - took friends horse out on my own fir first time and it's an amazing sense of achievement. Didn't have to deal with all the scary things you encountered though :)

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Totally understand where you're coming from. My 5yo mare has only been backed a few months too, we've been venturing out a bit further on the forest solo. I hope everything continues to go well for you. :)

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Excellent work! Your confidence will increase with time - and that will help too. But it's hard to stay confident on the road - too many moron drivers around. We've had an increase in idiots behind wheels in the last 5 years - and I am about to arm my riders with hat videos - so we get evidence on the ratbags!! I think that will help their confidence - as otherwise you feel helpless to do anything about it!

Sauerkraut

Visit site
Well done. I have a 5 year old too and after some major hiccups earlier in the year and I'm now a bit nervous to get him out alone. Never thought I would be and even more admit it haha ;)

Araboo27

Visit site
Excellent work! Your confidence will increase with time - and that will help too. But it's hard to stay confident on the road - too many moron drivers around. We've had an increase in idiots behind wheels in the last 5 years - and I am about to arm my riders with hat videos - so we get evidence on the ratbags!! I think that will help their confidence - as otherwise you feel helpless to do anything about it!

That's so true, we have to go for at least 10 mins on the road to get to the nearest off road track and it's pretty dicey! Used to be a 60 mph limit and has been reduced to 30, I think people either haven't paid attention to the change or they simply don't care. The speed they fly down the road and round the bends is unreal :(