I couldn't believe my eyes!

jesterfaerie

Visit site
shocked.gif

I admit that I used to think it would be a good idea when I was a kid but would never would have done it!

silversox

Visit site
We have a gypsy family (one of many housed here in the village) who are often seen driving their 4x4 pick-up, with a kiddie sitting on a bale in the back and holding on to a coloured cob which is happily trotting steadily behind.

Now, I know it's not exactly the done thing, but these ponies and cobs are completely traffic proof, child & dog friendly and very fit!!! Only thing I really worry about with these people is that they start them off far too young IMO.

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
They used to lead the stallions down from a 4x4 where I worked locally - but the old guy would sit in the back leading them out the back hatch - he was 70 and couldn't walk the 1 1/2 between the years - and it was a private estate

Personally wouldn't do it, but have seen folk DRIVING and leading horses VERY recently
wink.gif

shellonabeach

Visit site
When I kept my boy in Leeds the field was down a quiet private lane from the stable yard. The guy who I shared the field with would lead his cob out of the drivers side window of his 4x4 with the horse cantering on the verge.

I have to admit I did do this with mine a couple of times but only in walk - out of the drivers side window and TBH my horse took it just fine. In some ways I think it helped him with roadwork as now if he won't pass something scary on the road he will happily follow a car by it as if it was another horse.

However I would never ever consider doing it on a public road.

S_N

Visit site
LOL - we used to do that with the teasers, going between barns, when I worked in the USA. The teasers were a right old variety of types/breeds/temperaments and we often had a bit of fun
ooo.gif