I despise and Detest...

Theresa_F

Visit site
Please come and do Cairo's feet - in winter you have to contend with huge feet, plus very muddy and oily feather that has to be pushed out of the way. I also like to hose them out once a week to have a good look to see if there is anything adverse going on.

I don't mind doing feet, but Cairo's can be a chore as they take twice as long as a TB dainty's hooves do.

For a foot picking lover, I think these will eventually make you think twice.

Then for the finale you can paint them with stockholm tar - lovely sticky stuff that ends up in your hair no matter what you do.
grin.gif

Bright_Spark

Visit site
I must be odd, I love poo-picking and mucking out, even when Amber has trampled all her wee and poo into the bed.

I hate plaiting up because I am useless at it, despite practicing nearly every day when Amber was on boxrest.

Cant think of anything I really hate. Oh yes, carrying a half full bucket of hot, straight out the kettle water, to the tap and slooshing it down my leg
crazy.gif

GinGin2

Visit site
The only thing I can honestly say I detest is the expense... Horse gear is so overpriced and vets charges are laughable.

isabella

Visit site
i hate rainy,muddy days
i hate the fact that my field is a wack off hill
i hate the fact that i can only get water from the bottom of the hill
i hate the fact i have to barrow hay up the hill to my barn and after 40 bales i just want to pass out lol

i think thats just about it lol i do love horse ownership...honest
grin.gif

Hullabaloo

Visit site
As my horse is on box rest at the moment and is the dirtiest horse ever it has to be mucking out! He's always been messy to muck out but I really had no idea one horse could do so much damange to a bed in a few hours!

Chex

Visit site
I hate trying to find him in the dark in winter
crazy.gif
I'm scared of the dark and my imagination works overtime, and he's always at the furthest corner of the (15 acre) field
mad.gif
. Its my own fault though - I could just bring him in when its light but I don't like him being in early
smirk.gif

I hate haynets too, don't use them anymore though
smile.gif
. And muddy rugs
mad.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm scared of the dark and my imagination works overtime, and he's always at the furthest corner of the (15 acre) field

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no! That's where the werewolves congregate!
Have a nice evening's horse catching (tip - listen for the rustle of paws)
S
laugh.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
* Picking out filthy muddy feet.
* Doing water buckets in the winter when the water tap is frozen... or spilling it down your wellies.
* Taking off filthy mud strewn rugs. No matter how hard you try - you get COVERED.
* Trying to get things done with freezing fingers which have gone numb and pathetic!
* When its pissing down or snowing heavily and it all blows into the field shelter and soaks all the bedding - that drives me nuts. Last winter, at one point there was a small snow drift IN the shelter!

I do quite enjoy filling haynets though. And love waking up to feed the horses on a really cold frosty or snowy morning. I like keeping them cosy in rugs too.

Chex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

S
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Now thats just mean
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Its the ghosties I'm scared of
crazy.gif
. I think I need to get a grip
smirk.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
Picking out feet when they've just come in in the middle of january and are knee high in clay mud and i have no gloves on, and unblocking the drains. yum.

mickey

Visit site
I despise British wet and windy winters, and all the assocaited mud sticking to everything!
Also stuck up spoilt horsey girls who keep getting new ponies/horses from Daddy but know very little about horsemanship!
Trimming feathers I hate too because it really hurts my back.....

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

S
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Now thats just mean
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Its the ghosties I'm scared of
crazy.gif
. I think I need to get a grip
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This won't help you either, but I've seen a black panther before...so I'd worry about them too.
S
laugh.gif