I did ask a while ago, but does anyone use..

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Hoof boots on a shod horse? It was a long time ago I asked and I do not recall anyone using them with shoes, just a couple who rated them.

What I mean is old macs or boas etc.

I know they are meant for barefoot but my mare cannot go barefoot with the rotation but she really feels the ground when its frozen and I was thinking about buying a pair to use when needed.

So has anyone used them with shoes? I know it invalidates the warranty but that is just fine, as long as they are ok to use with shoes if needed.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
All the time i had 2 mares with bad rotation, and were both shod and wore boots

Fantastic, thanks for your reply, I have not managed to find any one else that does this, I best start saving.

May I ask what ones you use and how much do you do in them and how easy to use etc they are?
Sorry for all the questions

miss_bird

Visit site
I used the cavello boots and mine had them on 24/7 very easy to pop on and take of and easy to keep poultices on with them a well.
The new ones they brought out are just the same as the old ones but come with gel pads, i 100% recommened the boots, but everyone has their personel preferance.
I just found these boots easy to pop on and take off.
Any other question feel free to ask

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I used the cavello boots and mine had them on 24/7 very easy to pop on and take of and easy to keep poultices on with them a well.
The new ones they brought out are just the same as the old ones but come with gel pads, i 100% recommened the boots, but everyone has their personel preferance.
I just found these boots easy to pop on and take off.
Any other question feel free to ask

Thanks again, one other question, do you hack in them happily? Or rather does your horse hack in them happily?
I am just looking on ebay at the cavallo ones actually, I notice Old macs have gone up in price :eek:

The woman down the road also uses boots with shoes - and very successfully too!

Same question, are they good for hacking?