I did it! I rode for the first time in 3 years!

cblover

Visit site
Great news, well done. Great feeling isn’t it. I hadn’t ridden regularly for 4 years and now I’m having short rides on my 5 year old clydesdale. Nothing exciting but I’m doing it at my pace and loving it.

neddy man

Visit site
Well done. As an inspiration I wasn't allowed to ride for 16 years then given permission to return to riding, now been back in the saddle for 13 years riding 6 days a week min hour each time , stick with it you'll enjoy it.

Hexx

Visit site
Well done! I bet you are well chuffed with yourself!

I get on my youngster on Saturday for the first time - he's only been backed 3 weeks and doing brilliantly, so the trainer told me to bring my "gear" on Saturday. I did try to argue that new riding boots take at least 3 weeks to break in so should wait a bit, but she wasn't having it!!

I haven't been on a horse for 4 years :eek:.

Rosemary28

Visit site
I'm still feeling chuffed today, so much so that I was debating how wet I'd get if I had another pootle this afternoon :D Might see if I can have another go over the weekend.

I was riding a friend's horse quite regularly but sadly my friend passed away and suddenly I didn't have anything to ride! OH wants to ride too so when I'm fitter we are going to try and have some lessons. I'm very excited!