i did it! i'm not a chicken any more...boring and self indulgent!

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
just a quicky...

i COMPLETELY lost my confidence a couple of years ago due to an accident. And thought i'd never ride again (a shame as i've ridden since i was 2yrs old).

A few months ago, i met, and fell in love with Raff. a 15.1hh hanoverian cross polish WB. i bought him, despite being pregnant with my third child, because i've never fallen so madly in love with a horse before.

He has turned out to be my saviour and today we went on our first (my first and his first) sponsored ride thingy at Sandringham. He was a total angel. We even had a few canters. Other horses cantered past, there were millions of things to spook at... but he didn't put a foot wrong.

I genuinely don't think i'm a 'nervous' rider anymore. he has performed miracles by being Mr Genuine the whole time i've had him.

I'm getting too porky to ride much now... but i'm now really looking forward to having the baby so i can get back on (without being a sack of potatoes) and really enjoy him.

Sorry about the enormous amount of self indulgence. i'm sooooo chuffed with darling little Raff. he's my world. and the little rosette we got at the end is worth more than all my other rosettes put together as it marks such an enormous milestone for me.

good old raff... cookies for getting this far without falling asleep.
wink.gif

xxx

sarah23

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well done. Told you, you would be competing against me soon
laugh.gif
I'm pleased he's working out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

um.... not for a little while...
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what you say now, you wait, you'll have that baby and there will be no stopping you
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

No really well done it's great your getting your confidence back. There's a good fun ride later on in the year at Newmarket, if you've had you baby by then if your interested.