I feel bad ..

caramac1988

Visit site
Because of all this crappy weather my 3 are stuck out in the field 24/7 just now because my drive way is like an ice rink and I just could risk walking them down it 2 of them have wintered out before and are fine it's just my 4 1/2 yr old d/w I'm worried about I mean I'm giving them three feeds a day trecking up with water all the time and there's no short supply of hay and I put a good few bales of straw down that they can stand on whilst munching and they seem toasty enough in there rugs she just looks a little miserable hopefully the grit will come this weekend and I can get her back in her stable am I a bad mummy?
frown.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
God no! I nearly nearly nearly left my fully clipped TB out last night because if I cannot get to the yard he is far better out with haylage than in.

The only reason I didn't was coz everything else was in and I thought maybe we weren't allowed! Turned out a couple of others were thinking the same thing. Wish I had now as would have saved me a long cycle ride this morning.

ISHmad

Visit site
You've done the most important things by making sure they've got ad lib hay, adequate rugs and water. She's probably a little out of sorts more because her routine has changed than anything else.

caramac1988

Visit site
That's ok then I feel a little better just when you read on here how everyone elses are in and my poor babies are stuck out her clip is pretty much gone and I'm not gona bother doing it again til this weather clears u and I can ride again xxx

ISHmad

Visit site
Mine are all living out 24/7 and have been all winter. Don't worry they'll be fine and you are close by to keep an eye on them which is the important thing.