I feel like a newbie!

pistolpete

Visit site
I haven't been able to ride my horse for eight long months as he has been ill. Thursday I get to ride! Excited is'nt the word! Bit terrified too hope he remembers his stuff!

Tarbs

Visit site
Am sooooo jealous! Haven't ridden my boy for about the same time and not likely to anytime soon (lami) and even though I would be as nervous as hell, I get butterflies just thinking about it!

Have a great time and let us know how it goes!

pistolpete

Visit site
I walked him down the lane a little way in his tack, have been lungeing and walking in hand for a while. The moment came and I leaned over his back, no reaction at all. So on I got, and he was an angel. I am so pleased, got a grin from ear to ear!

texel

Visit site
Horses do not forget what they are taught, they will be a littel rusty. My connie was off for an entire year once.

A few days before riding I led him around but then just taked him up, took my time and we went for a walk down the lane.

Yes I was apprehensive beforehand but I knew not much could happen on the lane really. Of course he was keen to start with - no surprise really, I just went with him, I let him walk at a faster pace and after several rides on the lane, he soon settled :)

Once I felt he had settled I took him on ride off road and he was as fine.

BacollisMum

Visit site
Well done! I recently bought my horse back into work after 3 years off, I just jumped straight on took him down the road, you wouldn't have known he had had any time off. They definitely don't forget!