I forgot…

P3LH

Visit site
…what a pain/what tarts, in season bitches are.

We are around the ‘golden day’ so my poor old rough collie is having a corgi bottom constantly thrust in his face with a tail to one side. So much so he took himself off to the gap behind the table and the fireplace this evening to evade her advances….to limited success!!!! He is a diamond really considering he still has his conkers and just ignores her. I’m sure he wants to tell her off (or quite the opposite) really. He’s not whiny, off his food or bothered at all. but he is an older chap.

(Disclaimer - I am not a moron so no they aren’t left together unsupervised at all) though I think she would quite be happy to create the next generation of designer dogs.

She will be speyed after this season. We’d originally planned to have a litter to keep something back but with the high rate of c-sections and whelping issues we decided against it. Plus two of her would make the world end. She is complex, any future dogs need to be more straightforward.

does anyone else have an absolute harlot? I have never had one as bad as her out of all of our bitches. She is quite literally walking backwards, tail switching from side to side like a windscreen wiper on slow-mo at anything that stands still long enough. Even the cats aren’t safe from her!!!!

Bring on three months time!!!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
what a mix that would be, :):) i feel your pain, i have had lots of bitches with no problems before being speyed, my latest bitch had a phantom pregnancy which changed her into an anxious girl who didnt like me to even be upstairs let alone go out of the front door. she was speyed a month ago and she is slowly getting back to the confident girl she was before her season. i have had to go back to leaving the house for 5 mins and gradually getting longer, such a pain as i had been through all of that and she was fine being left with the other 2 for up to 3 hours[....

buddylove

Visit site
Next door have a very elderly labrador bitch, grey, on her last legs type of elderly. When she is in season she come round and backs up to the patio doors, tail to one side! I don't have the heart to hoof her out, especially as our dog is a Jack Russell of equally advancing years, and would never make the leap!

Moobli

Visit site
My bitch hasn't been too bad yet (she is now 2 years) so hopefully she will remain that way until I decide what to do about spaying her. My male GSD had the suprelorin implant though just to be on the safe side, and I obviously keep her away from the entire male sheepdogs while she is in season (though my hubby thinks a mix of her drive and desire to work mixed with a collie's herding instinct might produce great little working farm dogs :D ... I am more inclined to think fabulous sheep worriers :oops: ... needless to say, it won't be happening!).
Years ago my sister had an Italian Spinone bitch that would unlatch the door and take herself off down the road to try to find a suitor when she was in season, total nightmare, what a tart lol.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i had my previous bitches speyed when they were over 2 and fully intended to do the same with my little terrier but she was so anxious and clingy i didnt want to put either of us through it again. she is tiny so hopefully she was mature enough. my others were mostly bigger breeds so i felt comfortable waiting till they were more mature....