I get to post in AAD now!!

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
So its been just under a week since Milly joined the family and well-what a little star she is turning out to be!
She is obsessed with Pa. She constantly has to be touching him or as close as possible. When he goes out she stands at the window waiting for him to come home. If she drops her ball at his foot and he ignores her or doesn't notice she sulks! Its so funny-she puts her head down and sighs as loud as she can! She opens doors and lets herself into any room she fancies and climbs into bed with them!
There have been a couple of upsets-next doors dog Monty who is an aged weimaraner jumped into the garden over a 7ft fence and she panicked and they have slipped up and called her Tessa.
frown.gif

Today Ma made a huge step and took her for a walk in the Dingles, a place she has not entered since they lost Tessa. Bubs loves Milly. They curl up together and watch tv and poor pup even lets Bubs dress her up. Pa had his first Sunday Walk in a long time. They were gone for nearly 4 hours! Milly was knacked when they got back!!
I have walked her too and she is into everything! Such a fab addition to the family so a BIG thank you to millyspaniel for giving her such a great start to life and making her the dog she is now!...and for letting us have her!

Patches

Visit site
What a fabulous post!

I am so pleased things have worked out so well for everyone.

I slipped up and called Harvey, Jasper, the other day. Bit cutting to say it out loud, but I'm sure it will happen less and less over time....just as it will for your ma and pa.

She is a lovely dog and I'm so glad you all found each other.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
... If she drops her ball at his foot and he ignores her or doesn't notice she sulks! Its so funny-she puts her head down and sighs as loud as she can!
... and they have slipped up and called her Tessa.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess what maybe happens after she sighs...
grin.gif

About the name thing, maybe there is some people who never have a slip of the tongue but my mother have called my current dogs for both Nessie (died 2005) and Humla (died 2008) on several occasions, it is not a big deal, unless you make it one. Edited To Add I've called them the wrong names too but not as often as my mother. /ETA.

Glad everything is going so well with Milly.
grin.gif

Spudlet

Visit site
Spaniels are excellent people trainers - for example, Henry has trained me to allow him to sit on the front passenger seat in the car (he has no hesitation leaping in there, and falls asleep more or less straight - when he isn't demanding I put my foot down, the little boy racer
grin.gif
)

Sounds like she is settling in well, it is a big upheaval for her and it might well be that you will look back in a few months time and realise that it took a lot longer than you thought at the time for her to really settle. I thought Henry was well settled in a few weeks, but looking back now, and knowing him better, I can see it actually took him several months to really feel this was for keeps.

I've called Henry Barney a few times, as has my mum. It's only natural, if a bit gutting
frown.gif

Now where are the pics **taps foot impatiently**

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Great to hear she has settled so well and your folks sound smitten. As others have said it is natural to use the previous much loved dogs name. I still call mine Chaka sometimes, it was 2006 when I lost her (which in itself I find hard to believe, it doesn't seem that long, I wish she ws still here
frown.gif
).