I have an ill foalie!

isamuppet

Visit site
Hi, my good old mare foaled 6th June, All seemed fine all normal but then Monday morning foal was looking down and had bloody watery diarrhea.

Anyway that was last Monday she had fluids during day but no improvement was rushed to the vets monday night and given more fluids, plasma, antibiotics etc. Anyway she survived the night and is still alive but still will not feed from mum or bottle so has to be tube fed every few hours! And is not making any big improvements.

The vets don't know what it is after running loads of tests, all I want is for her to start improving, so I can bring 2 home.

My Mare who is now 19 can be bit grumpy in stable but she has been a star, letting the vets milk her, and has had no sedation while foal was down having treatment.

Its costing me a fortune, sorry for going on. Waiting for the vets to phone today just hope its good news x

silverbreeze

Visit site
Fingers crossed for your foal, a horrible time at best but when financial worries are added to it it's a million times worse. Then you feel guilty for worrying about the cost instead of just the animal... I am there right now so all my sympathies for both sides of the problem are with you.

Everything crossed (((())))

_jetset_

Visit site
Really sorry to hear this, I hope the foal starts improving soon!

What a good Mum though letting everyone help her baby, you must be very proud of her.

Rollin

Visit site
I am so sad for you. Awful to not know what is wrong. What a lovely mare you have. Sending you healing vibes. Keep us all posted.