I have bought a new horse- dressage potential...Pics..

charlie76

Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmJVb-y15o

These are with his old owner. He hasn't done much work so it a bit weak and downhill in the pics but in the 3 weeks I have had him he is starting to work much more uphill and to a good contact. I love him to bits.
Will try and get some more pics later and hopefully you will see a difference.
What do you think????

CBAnglo

Visit site
He looks lovely - I like him a lot. How big is he? Age?

Not sure about that saddle though - it was so far forward!

rowy

Visit site
He moves just like my 3 yr old and i am hoping to get to PSG with him so i should hope that that yours would do well at dressage as well :p
Looks like a calm nice eyes and lovely hock action, high stepping foreleg etc.
Lovely colour as well :D

charlie76

Visit site
He's a star!
And I got him for a bargain price.
he is 10 yrs old, branded hanovarian( can't remember who by but will find out). He was a stallion up until recently and has not really done much so low milage. In the few weeks I have had him he has really come on. He is very quiet but with a bit about him so I have high hopes for him.

sarahhelen1977

www.adonnis.co.uk
Bronski!!I am glad he's found a good home - a friend of mine is at the yard that he came from, and had asked me to keep an ear open for someone who might have him. Good luck with him and I look forward to hearing about how he is coming along :)

Tempi

Visit site
Nice horse - good luck with him, cant wait to see some pictures of you on him!

I am glad you said you are getting him to work more uphill as he looks quite downhill (even though he has a very good hindleg) - once he is working properly he looks like he will be a super horse.

*whispers* i hope you arent using that saddle on him though, definately dosent fit properly and its halfway up his neck!!!! :D

burtondog

www.michellehudson.co.uk
I imported Bronski from Prague to the UK at the end of 2004. He was five at that time. He was bred in Germany from an eventing mare. I have an email address for the lady that bred him. She sold him as a stallion at 3/4 to a German dealer. I bought him about a year later from a dealing yard outside Prague, and he was already gelded at that time. His stallion is Wiesenbaum and when I sold him to D he had a pink Hanovarian passport. I have a record of his original passport number if you need it.

I registered him with BD and proved his age at import so as to get the minimum number of points at the time. I can probably find his registration number if you need it. We never really got anywhere, he wasn't really naturally forward or uphill enough at the time but hopefullly you'll be able to improve on that.

I owned him for almost 3 years during which time we did pretty well at a bunch of riding club stuff and I enjoyed a couple of summer camps with him. One tip - He's definitely a horse that is easier to manage when in regular work. My yard would insist I exercised him 6 days a week otherwise the junior staff couldn't really handle him, but so long as he was ridden pretty much daily and not over fed, he was fine.

I sold him to get something a little more 'fun'. I think I'm more of a native/cross girl. Plus Bronski grew 2 inches in the time I owned him and was getting a bit big for me.

Here are a couple of photo's of him from the time I owned him. There's no doubt he's a good looking horse. I wish you every success with him.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11150&id=671365812&l=c5cbd9bda9..

I have bunch of videos online online somewhere but I can't remember which site I used. I can look them up later if you like.

Good luck and best wishes

Michelle

charlie76

Visit site
I posted this a while back but here is a quick update. Bronski is doing really well, he is a lovely horse to deal with and has done 2 unaff dressage tests (with a listed judge) at novice level and won both tests on 72% and 74%, he then went and did his first BD at novice and came 3rd and 4th with around 64%, he would have done much better if he hadn't spooked and bogged off with me! Made his medium more expressive- ha ha!
I am hoping to start doing some medium tests soon as he is very good at trot and canter half pass. He has started some changes which he finds a bit too exciting!
He is also VERY forward going now, I used the 'legs away' exercise a few times on him and now he is turbo charged-I refuse to kick all the time!

Luci07

Visit site
He does look lovely and I am glad you are enjoying him. The facebook links weren't that complementary but with horses it really is done to personal choice! The horses who have been brilliant for me would have been an accident waiting to happen for others and this is the same for everyone. Your new boy certainly has a lot of prescence and I very much look forward to the updates!

burtondog

www.michellehudson.co.uk
I think the comments on the facebook album say more about my preferences than about Bronski as a horse.

It's sounds like he's going to do very well for his new owner.

In fairness to Bronski he did pretty well for me too. My instructor thought I was mad to sell him but I decided we just weren't best suited to each other.

I am thrilled to find this thread. I knew he'd been sold on but the girl I sold him to didn't seem inclined to tell me where. I'd occassionally google his name(s) to see if he'd turn up anywhere in competition etc and here he is !

Great news.

charlie76

Visit site
I kept him for over a year so he wasnt sold quickly. I found he struggled with the more advanced work and decided he would be happier with an easier life. I sold him to a lovely lady who had him on trial for a month as I wanted to make sure he was in the right home. She still has him and does riding club with him. It was a tough decision as we loved him but felt we were pushing him out of his comfort zone.

charlie76

Visit site
The last time I text her she said she still had him and he was going well. She had just bought him a new saddle. I will try and find out