I have just....

Rana

Visit site
booked a riding lesson!

Sorry, I know this sounds silly - I have my own (retired) horse and have been around horses for 23 years. But I haven't ridden for 4 years, after having had a nasty fall and then put on too much weight
blush.gif

I've been losing weight for nearly a year now, and really close to the weight limit of the riding school I want to go to. I emailed them to check their limit was still the same as on their website, and they said I'd be ok (I suppose 6lbs really won't make too much of a difference!).

So, on Sunday at 2pm, I'm off for my first ride in 4 years.

Pointless post, but I am SOOOO excited
laugh.gif

*bounces off again*

Rana

Visit site
Thanks everyone.

Slinkyunicorn - Fingers crossed the jods arrive in time! I've ordered a top to go with them too
laugh.gif

Janette - Oooh, good point, will have to get some! I have a horrible feeling I will be aching a lot....At least it's only a half hour lesson, I was tempted to do a full hour but thought that might be a bit too much to start with lol.

samstar

Visit site
good on you rana, I've just had my 3rd lesson in over 25 years and I'm thoroughly enjoying it even though it was to boost my confidence and my wobbles in saddle
grin.gif

samstar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck, let us know how it goes - I am still contemplating after more than 25 years of not riding!

[/ QUOTE ]

if I can do it then so can you. Ring your riding instructor tomorrow and give me an update please
smile.gif

Dubsie

Visit site
Funnily enough Samstar I might (might is the operative word here) be able to have a quick go on daughters pony's companion (a lovely 16.2 28 year old TB) tomorrow night. Daughter has same size head as me, so lack of equipment isn't too much of an issue. So I'll let you know.