I have taken the plunge & registered us with BSJA!!!!!

lymeregis

Visit site
Well, as you can tell I am a little excited!!! Instructor has been on at us for ages to register & stop fiddling around with the unaff classes, so I have finally done it!!!

Sent my forms, passport & BRC membership off - £110 for the first year for both of us - not bad I thought?

Does anyone know there turnaround time roughlyish!?!

Anyway, so I may be pottling down to Norton Heath next weekend, to have a go at a clear round & 90cm class...

Oh quick question - is there any difference between British Novice & 90cm national amateur thingy class???

thank you lots!!!! xxx

JVB

Visit site
Congrats! I keep on umming and arring about doing the same as seem to spending fair bit on tickets! Just wish there were more intro shows where I am, good luck!

CharlyOscar

Visit site
Oh quick question - is there any difference between British Novice & 90cm national amateur thingy class???

British Novice is a preliminary qualifying round. You have to get 4 double clears, you dont have to get placed. Then you recieve your tickets at the end of April I think, and then you can compete in 4 second rounds, then if you qualify from the second rounds you qualify for Scope. British Novice courses are usually more technical and harder as they are supposed to be preparing novice horses for suceeding through the grades. In British Novice the horse can not have won more than £100.

The 90cm amateurs are open to horses of all grade, but there is a limit on the calibre of rider who can enter (top 150) in the UK I think. These courses are usually less techincal. This class you have to be in the top 4 (I think) to qualify for second rounds. Then second rounds qualify for the Amateur and Vetern Championships, which this year are being held at Aintree.

I hope this helps you

lymeregis

Visit site
thank you CharlyOscar, that is so helpful!!!

So I think best to have a bash at a 90cm amateur class first off, as wouldnt be looking to qualify or be placed, just for us both to have a comfortable first go without frightening us!!! :) I will do the clear round first anyway, just to get us both on the swing of things!!

This is exciting, I hope the BS guys are friendly at the shows :)

JVB go for it - why not! I am hoping it will be fun!!!

dieseldog

Visit site
Depending on when you sent your forms off, phone them by friday morning and they should be able to tell you your membership numbers by then. That is all you need to know to compete.

measles

Visit site
You will find a 90cms amateur harder to get placed in as it will be full of experienced horses. I've always found BN to be a kinder track rather than more complex as BN is for novices and 90cms am is mostly horses with more mileage.

The top 6 in the 90am qualify as long as you jump clear in the first round.

Good luck

PaddyMonty

Visit site
CO has it a little back to front. BN is generally the easier of the two tracks as is designed for more novice horses.
Rider limit for Am. series is not on top 450 list for the 90 and 1mtr, not on top 250 list for 1.10 and above.

lymeregis

Visit site
Cheers guys! This forum is so useful for info!

Right, so clear round, then have a bash at a british novice! Cool, will have a look online for some schedules!!!

Juno are you off to keysoe at the weekend?

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Juno are you off to keysoe at the weekend?
Nope :( SJ trainer has banned me from jumping unless from trot with placing pole 2.5 yards from fence and zero contact on approach. makes competing a tad tricky :eek: He did say I had to make the fences challenging for zed though, high for uprights and wide for oxers :D
If I'm really bored I might go over to watch. :eek:

eishi

Visit site
I'm just toying with registering too!
We are doing the intro class and then the 90cm amateur at keysoe on saturday on a ticket.. first ever experience of BSJA.. scary stuff!

lymeregis

Visit site
Juno - just out of interest why zero contact on approach?

eishi - good luck for keysoe! Am sure you will be great!

CharlyOscar

Visit site
I havent got it the wrong way round. The venues I compete at do it this way round, as I have spoken to the course builders, some of whom build international courses and that is what they have told me.

Maybe different in other areas.