I know there are a lot of sock aficionados in here so...

Jesstickle

Visit site
what is the etiquette for long socks and checked breeches?! :p

I have a couple of pairs of checked breeches which are my favs and lots of very busy long socks but worn together I just look like a clown :eek: What do people do to avoid this?

One pair is green with yellow and black stripes and one looks like this

400636_818176503425_1024054813_n_zpsdd75b0b2.jpg

Do I just go for it and be lairy or do I wear plain socks?

Obviously this is a very important issue ;)

Lolo

Visit site
Go lairy :D

1011883_10201355220069582_2145283306_n.jpg

1002347_10201742977803283_387022067_n.jpg

Two examples of why mad socks and checked breeches are the best :D Al rarely rides in chaps for everyday- lessons and XC schooling are pretty much the only non-competition situations she wears gaiters for.

Jesstickle

Visit site
That isn't lairy!! Those breeches are very grown up and understated. Mine are more like children's clothes :p

Maybe I should just embrace my inner clown and carry on as I have been :p

Charem

Visit site
I think it has to be one or the other; lairy breeches and plain socks or lairy socks and plain breeches. You risk scaring small children and the elderly if you do double lairy!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I would pick one of the colours in the checked breeches and get plain socks in that colour. :) With the green/yellow/black ones I'd probably go for green (not too bright/pale) or black socks. Yellow socks might be a bit much!

Jesstickle

Visit site
I think I scare people enough without setting out to deliberately burn out their retinas!

Maybe I should bulk buy some long black socks then as both my fav ones have black in there somewhere.

I love checky breeches, the louder the better. I need to grow up. (please excuse the face on the Moo, I have no idea what she was so cross about!)

em_zps9800df95.jpg

Someone told me about a really good website that just do socks at Christmas but I can't remember what it was called. Any ideas?

Jesstickle

Visit site
I do wear chaps when I ride but I mostly trundle about in deck shoes as riding boots are so uncomfortable for walking.

I won't show a pic of my most special socks as I fear everyone would laugh their heads (should that be socks?!) off!

Lolo

Visit site
Cool Horse Socks looks like the best place for epic riding socks...

Currently trying to convince Al her 'lucky' socks won't be lucky for much longer, as they're mostly hole. Not winning :D

Quadro

Visit site
FfionWinnie, my bf has the socks you mean (a 28 year old!!) and he has size 12 feet so they def come in adult sizes! Noidea where they came from, they are mine now though!!
Q

FfionWinnie

Visit site
FfionWinnie, my bf has the socks you mean (a 28 year old!!) and he has size 12 feet so they def come in adult sizes! Noidea where they came from, they are mine now though!!
Q

Lol I bought these ones in ASDA I didn't consider actually getting some for myself (may have done if I'd seen them tho!) til Jess "gave" us permission to look like wallies with this thread :D

vam

Visit site
Plain socks and wild breeches or vice versa it think. Im a mad sock person so always walking about in trainers in the summer with them on show.
I was at Hickstead and was very tempted by some of these http://soxtrotuk.com/ currently have a serious need for the Zebra ones :biggrin3:

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Ggrrrrr ! Damn you and your sock thread. I've now got to fire up the lap top and get shopping. Restocked a few weeks ago (23 pairs ;)) but now my life is not complete knowing there's a stockist I've not used :D

CrazyMare

Visit site
People on my yard look at me oddly with my socks and breeches!!!

Today I wore brown checked breeches (suede full seat) with blue and grey stripey socks....

Where can I find more checked breeches please! Mine are HKM but I want more...

Jesstickle

Visit site
both my fav pairs are HKM. The blue and cream ones in the second picture I posted are Gorringe ones :)

HKM ones on ebay are a real steal. What size are you, there are some blue ones on at the moment I really like but they're a 10 and too small for me :(

NZJenny

Visit site
SOS from a sock deprived Kiwi - please share your cool sock websites that ship overseas !

The only ones I can buy here are very boring, or there is always rugby socks. Colourful, but also boring.

Someone mentioned zebra stripes:)

CrazyMare

Visit site
both my fav pairs are HKM. The blue and cream ones in the second picture I posted are Gorringe ones :)

HKM ones on ebay are a real steal. What size are you, there are some blue ones on at the moment I really like but they're a 10 and too small for me :(

A 26 - is that a 10?!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Glad to be of assistance. Now just make sure you wear them with a pair of socks from the website vam posted for maximum crazy clown impact ;)