I know this is a few years old now but appears still so relevant .... please watch

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I have just found this thread and have to add a few comments. I am currently looking for a GSD puppy and have searched on line. I've had GSds for over 40 years and was showing in 1970s. There were a lot of dogs like the picture in the earlier post. Look at the angles of the hind legs THAT is over angulated. Look also at the loin, it is long and weak. I saw many bitches like this that won in puppy and young dog classes but became dippy backed as adults. THAT is unsoundness. I've spent time in Africa and since return have had rescues. But I would like to do working trials so want a sound dog. I have found a number of kennels breeding beautiful compact dogs with generations of health testing behind them. Surely this is the way forward?

I used to show a lot in the 70s, wonder if we went to the same shows. Did you have an affix?

Adina

Visit site
In the 70s I just showed 2 dogs in the Ashford area, but took both to Zambia with me. Didn't breed in the UK. Now live in south glos, but prepared to travel to find right pup. I did think I would do obedience with the latest rescue, but had to give up as she is not really sound and can't do quick sits. She has a number of health issues but has made it to the age of 16.