I know which dogs are supposed not to moult...

Starbucks

Visit site
Border Terriers don't - you have to pull it out!
tongue.gif

Lovely little dogs too!
grin.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mini schnauzers. Mine doesn't cast at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grandma is allergic and has just bought a schnauzer, she previously had poodles (personally do not like them). I know Labradoodles don't shed much if anything.

GinaB

Visit site
Problem with a labradoodle is they charge you a ridiculous amount of money for something that isn't even pedigree.
mad.gif
that reeeeally annoys me.

(Oh and Beastie is thriving on the JWB Servernmiles! I'm amazed!)

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
(Oh and Beastie is thriving on the JWB Servernmiles! I'm amazed!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not amazed as ours did for a short while then it went downhill. I still don't like the feed but I'm glad he/she is doing so well on it
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Some people I know bought a golden retriever/poodle hoping for a non moulting dog. Unfortunately it had inherited rather a lot of goldie genes and was constantly moulting. Sadly as they had got it because their child had a really bad allergy they had to rehome him (the dog not the child!).

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
plus they are not guaranteed not to shed are they? Doesn't it depend on how the genes are expressed... and if it's lab coats we are talking about they really moult
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine breeds them and she said some don't moult some moult a little. No mention of heaps but then I don't own them so couldn't say.

Have no real problem with paying £750/£850 for a 'designer dog' as every single of your pedigree breeds started somewhere. If it suits the life you lead then money should be no object within reason.

Sooty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know Labradoodles don't shed much if anything

[/ QUOTE ]

They are gorgeous, but seriously expensive and the shedding depends on the quantity of labra v doodle - some shed a lot, some none at all.

Sooty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And what's wrong with dog hair on and in everything??
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Vacuuming it off! Why does my dog make it her life's mission to wipe as much hair as possible on any smart clothes she might see someone wearing?
mad.gif

GinaB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And they are so lovely!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is a cute furry monster...(this is her in furry mode..)

RIMG0501.jpg

prose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And they are so lovely!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is a cute furry monster...(this is her in furry mode..)

RIMG0501.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

The beastie is a babe
grin.gif

Stella sheds minimally, being that she has no undercoat. I barely ever vacuum/notice hairs on the sofa. All she needs is a bath every three months, and that keeps her seal coat looking spiffy.

63r9r4.jpg

echodomino

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grandma is allergic and has just bought a schnauzer, she previously had poodles (personally do not like them). I know Labradoodles don't shed much if anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not strictly true because as of yet most people who are breeding Labradoodles are still on their first generation or two, therefore the dogs aren't breeding true to type, whatever that is for a XB.

Some are like Labs some like Poodles, some moult some dont - have you seen the amount of coat that comes out of a Lab!!!! You then get long coats, shorts coats and I've even seen a wire coat! Plus like someone else said, people are charging silly money for a dog that's not a pedigree.

Poodles don't moult. Apparently shorter coats are worse for moulting than longer coats, not sure how true that is though
crazy.gif

I would have thought that being a similar coat to a JRT (or at least mine
tongue.gif
) Border Ts would moult - my 3 JRs are terrible for dropping coat esp. when they're due to be stripped out

Malibu

Visit site
our vizzies dont moult and neither do the weimaraners but saying that it depends on the breeding, we have noticed some of the weimaraners will shed depending on their blood lines. vizzies have never been known to shed their coat.

k9h

Visit site
Also depends on how they are kept. Kenneled dogs usually moult twice a year (like horses) House dogs are either steady with hardly any moult or just moult constantly (I have one of each)!!!!