I lose my boy today

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Can I have a prayer this afternoon for my boy?
Sid (my older lad) has been retired since he broke his leg in the field 6 years ago.
The place he is retired at rang yesterday and said he was struggling very badly on one of his back legs. In the vets view there was an old injury there and time and probably not taking his weight completely evenly has taken it's toll.
He's being pts this afternoon.
I'm going to say goodbye this morning.
He was the biggest mistake we ever made. He was a skinny wreck of a horse with no fur on his face and a failed vetting. The dealer actually came and took him away but I turned the lorry round on the A1 and made them bring him back.
He'd been passed from one dealer to another, was covered in injuries and we should have run a mile. But we didn't. We got him to full weight and health, a 17.2hh hanovarian black as midnight and uttery stunning looking. And god was he talented.
You could lunge him on voice alone, no line nothing, he'd turn when you asked and lunge the other way. He loved his jumping although always was most affronted it was only low level stuff. We later found out he'd been a hell of a show jumper and his dad was a puissance jumper.
The kick in the field at broke his leg should have been the end but we battled on and got him ready to start work again then he went lame again. He had a rare joint problem in his hoof which had probably been there since birth and standing on box rest all that time had made it worse. Again we battled and eventually got him happily field sound.
To see him in the fields with his friends, with that great big expressive trot, that flwing cater you'd never have known bad he was.
So you had 6 years longer than everyone thought you should have big guy but now enough is enough.
I promised I'd look after you to the end and I have tried so hard to do that.
I love you and I always will. You taught me everything and Hovis is the horse he is because I swore he'd never go through what you had been through.
run free gorgeous. I'm coming to see you one last time and dad will be there wi you this afternoon, just like he always has been.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
What a heartwarming story. He was such a lucky horse to have found you. Sending prayers good vibes for you and him today.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Tears in my eyes . . . what a wonderful, loving tribute to a much-loved horse. Will be thinking of you all day x

P

Kokopelli

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this. Its such a heartbreaking decision to make. He sounds a very lucky boy to have you and by the sounds of it has had a lovely retirement. Hope you get through today, I'm sure hovis will find a way to cheer you up.

MochaDun

Visit site
A prayer for him to run free and pain free again and thinking of you today. I'm so glad that you turned that lorry round for his sake, he was lucky to have you. And I hope Hovis appreciates the hooves he follows in, and gives you some comfort today. You and he have brought so many smiles and laughs to HHO'ers that I hope the support and thoughts flowing back your way today about Sid will help you through the sadness. x

ladyt25

Visit site
Oh, how sad :(

Sounds like he had more than the one extension to his time here and has by all accounts been a very lucky boy. My thoughts are with you today.

babymare

Visit site
Thats brought a tear. what a lovely mum you are. my thoughts are with you. run free sid amongst the stars. just ))))))hugs(((((( x x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Poor Sid.

I wish him pain free fun over the rainbow.

What a heart warming thread, and what a tribute to you that he has such a lovely time on this earth. Healing vibes go to you and all concerned, and smooth transition through the rainbow bridge.

Sid xxx wish you pain free life once you have crossed over.

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
My heart goes out to you today - your post was a lovely tribute to a very special horse, and you obviously have some wonderful memories to treasure.

Went through the same a couple of weeks ago, I share your heartache.

Hugs. xx

Piccy

Visit site
You have given him all you can now you are giving him the ultimate gesture; my prayes and thoughts are with you all at this difficult time take stength from the knowledge that you gave him a wonderful home with love and compassionxx

Merrymoles

Visit site
It's three years today since I lost my boy and this has made me have a little cry. You've had a lot to deal with recently and I feel for you. Stay strong and know that you are doing the right thing. Lots of hugs.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
So sad to read H&SMum... what a loving tribute. I think he probably thought he had already been in heaven with you. Be thinking of you all later xxx

Nari

Visit site
I'm so sorry, and I hope it goes as well as it can. Sid sounds like he's a very special & lucky boy who has completely returned your love & care.

(((Hugs))), love & prayers to all of you.

Greylegs

Visit site
Such a lovely warm tribute to a special boy. Fly free Sid to the Rainbow Bridge.

Big hugs and loving wishes from me and the hairy highland.

<<<HUGS>>>