I love this dog!

Toffee44

Visit site
Did a very wet boggy off road 10km with Dylan here are the photos! He loves it. Pulled the whole way!

Canicross has made him! He just love it. We run 5-10 miles three times a week socially and on our own. Teal runs off lead as scared of the harness so can't "race"'with us.

2 more races similar to this booked and 2 half marathons next year :)

B6D60E96-F079-4BC9-9D26-AB160D1E4D96_zpsejpgy7yu.jpg

A74DE1B9-EDD7-4F95-B3B7-3E8D63E06BF8_zpspxq97nzc.jpg

35EA295E-FC91-4EF2-9C99-877A36425729_zpsflui6qdj.jpg

Cahill

Visit site
great pics.
have started running with my rottie (for my benefit)

long waist lead on paths and close off lead at the park.

great bonding and feel like we have been on a mission together.

Toffee44

Visit site
He loves the job, I think he's very focussed when running. That race had a lot of big open ditches to scramble. He just pulled me out :) he pulled me in this one

7C6CA9D0-397A-4CEF-ADD6-0DB654A8C2C9_zps5ohoaflu.png

He has command words and knows directions.

We came bang on average during the race which I'm happy with.

Thank you for your nice comments :)

That bog was not the smelliest on course! It took quite a few baths for both of us to get bog smell out.

And we are doing it all again on 15th Nov. Although this time doing cleaner water but with a good 8-10min in it ! ! Brrr god job he sees the water as a rest.

Last edited:

Toffee44

Visit site
I do but seldom on foot these days, either two dog rig or bikejor. We're two races in to the season, back in the FoD next month. :)

I put Dylan on a scooter far too scary! Have more control running.

I wanna do Forest of Dean,BSA (sled dog association but you prob know that) let canicross in but it's only 4 miles and I refuse to do caniX events.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I no longer do Canix-UK either. BSA are excellent (replaced ABSA last year) - we will be there again in Jan, sadly they've lost the fabulous Beechenhurst trail but should still be a good one. Entries still open for Wyedean's race there in Nov inc. canicross :)

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Wow, I'm so impressed with what you and Dylan do.

I don't think that I could do that, besides that I don't feel that keen myself on wading around in a ditch like that, my three current bitches are real ladies, who would probably consider it a nightmare, if I tried to make them wade through such a ditch.

The only reason for why they go swimming with me during the summer, is because there is small islands that we can swim out to in the lake, and I've bought a small watertight box, intended for swimmers to keep their money or keys in, but I put pieces of sausage, meatballs or similar in mine. I've taught them that they get a few treats when we've swum out to an island, and they often also gets a treat when we get back to land again.

By the way, the watertight box is one like this
8872908062750.jpg

But in a narrow ditch like that, I think that they would just struggle to try and get up out of the water all the time. I'm not sure that they would wade through such a ditch, even if I equipped them with wet suits.

392491-funny-pictures-jacques-coustea-famous-undersea-explorer.jpg

TrasaM

Visit site
Well done to you both.. Looks like fun..almost :D
I've got a GSP who would probably love this ..well apart from the ditches but even then he'd probably be ok as long as the water was filthy or bog. :eek: