I made the hardest decision of my life today

Pixxie

Visit site
Today along with my instructor we have made the very hard decision that Marley can no longer stay with me

i have worked so hard with him and tried so hard, but over the past week he has become worse than he was when i got him.

i love him to pieces and will never forget him and i am in tears as i write this. but i can only do so much and will have to settle for knowing i gave him the best 5(ish) months of his life

Love you Marley and i always will xxx

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Oh hun. Some things just aren't meant to be
frown.gif

Hugs to you.

LittleSoph

southeastriders.myfanforum.org
Oh no, how awful for you!
Good luck with selling him. I know how hard it is to admit when you aren't suited. But you're doing the right thing by moving on now...
I battled for three years with my last horse, knowing we weren't right, and it was just never going to work. I may aswell have admitted defeat a few months in, when I realised we clashed, and saved a lot of time, energy and heartache.

Cliqmo

Visit site
What are you going to do with him? (((hugs))) and well done on coming to a decision, I have read you posts this week and realise what anguish you have been through!

Tnavas

Visit site
Beofore you move him on - if he is on spring grass he may be suffering from Magnesium deficiency which will be making him silly. Fast growing grass doesn't have sufficient magnesium in it, magnesium deficiency affects the central nervous system. To help your horse feed asupplement that contains Magnesium - all the clamers have it in them. Or for a few weeks while the grass is growing rapidly add a tablespoon of Epsom Salts twice daily to his feed. If a pony then reduce to a dessert spoon. It is not a long term treatment so only feed while grass is strongly growing.

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
hugs hunny, i really feel for you
frown.gif

so so so sorry it didnt work out for you both....
frown.gif
frown.gif

as hard as this maybe be, you will get through, and maybe it is the best thing for him and you... although sad it could be for the best
loads of hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pixxie

Visit site
its not just silliness
its nothing like that honest, im not naive enough to just make a decision based on that, and i care about him far too much.

please dont make it harder by suggesting i dont know what im doing and havent thought of everything
x

StarFell

Visit site
Oh no, *hugs* hun
frown.gif
I'm sure you're doing the best thing for both of you. Good luck in finding him a lovely home xx

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh bless, a lot of us have been there! I have and so has my sister _Gina_ on here! I had a horse for a year that I knew wasn’t right for me and I lost all my confidence. I sold him bought my coloured boy in my sig, and I am having so much fun now. _Gina_ bought a gorgeous but highly sensitive WB, same thing, lost all her confidence. Sold him bought a gorgeous Connie and now is having so much fun!

It’s hard but you have to have the horse that is suited to you, it’s an expensive hobby at the end of the day, it has to be FUN!!!!!

spike123

Visit site
((((hugs))))
Having replied to your post earlier in the week about your struggles I think you have come to a very brave decision and as hard as it is I think you know you are doing what is best for both you and for Marley.Good luck Hun.Mr or Mrs Right is out there somewhere just waiting for you.

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
oh pixxie, no ones saying that
frown.gif

you have made a really hard decision, with a lot of help and support from others around you... you have made a good decision as if keeping him stops you riding all together, then that would be just as bad as letting him go......
xxxxx

f_s_

Visit site
I really feel for you, I know how it feels to have to part with a horse that is just not right for you but you love very much.

i have had to make the same decision this week and it's heartbreaking.
frown.gif

I think over the last five months you have given him a beautiful home with loads of care and attention, and because you think so much of him, you have decided to do this. You are a wonderful owner, and as such you will find a wonderful and loving home for him.

Good luck and remember you are not alone.
smile.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
At least you have discussed it with you RI and come to a decision, sometimes is the best solution, owning a horse is time consuming, expensive and stressful enough without the added strain of if your not enjoying it or looking forward to riding your horse, last thing you want is to knock your confidence and put you off altogether and feeling like a constant battle and risking your safety.
There is a person out there for every horse and hopefully your horse will find someone that is perhaps can cater a bit more for his individual needs to bring out the best in him.

Never the less is must be very upsetting I know, just make sure he goes to a good home.
smile.gif
and keep your chin up and look forward to the future with something better suited to you.
smile.gif

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
you've tried your hardest, and somethings just aren't meant to be. no matter how heartbreaking.

poor little you. i really hope you find him a lovely home. now you've made the decision, you have to think about the positives. you did your best for him, and like you say, you've given him a really good few months.

i'm sitting here eating a big slab of cheesecake cos i'm also feeling a bit poo-ey. i can thoroughly recommend cheesecake and tea to make you smile. xxxx

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
From reading your posts, you obviously love this horse very much. That makes me think that you will make sure he goes to the right home. He will meet the right person for him, and you will find the right horse for you. Both of you will be happy, so please, don't be sad.

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
You have made a very brave decision, which I know will have been heartbreaking.

I hope you can quickly find a really good home for him, and then can look to the future and find a horse that gives you safe, happy fun.

samstar

Visit site
I've read all your posts and our boy is so alike.
How strange that you have decided nows the time to part.
We have also put our boy for sale as my daughter wants to go out and have fun and not have to be serious with him all the time.
We now are gonna have a hard time in finding him the right home as we don't want him just going anywhere.
Good luck for the future
smile.gif

Taboo1968

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
its not just silliness
its nothing like that honest, im not naive enough to just make a decision based on that, and i care about him far too much.
please dont make it harder by suggesting i dont know what im doing and havent thought of everything
x

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done for making the right decision..... you know deep down that things are not right and at the end of the day we all do this for pleasure and having been there, know it can quickly turn into a nightmare when we match with the "wrong" horse.... The best piece of advice I was ever given was, look at a horse like a bloke, would you marry it???? Back then I had an anglo arab that was a nutter, comparing him to a bloke, was like seeing him being a footie hooligan who was always down the pub with his mates and wasn't very reliable..... definately not marriage material.... however my boy now is the pipe and slippers, cuddly type, always there, dependable and loving, definately marriage material!!!
Good luck in finding him a fab home and also finding yourself a suitable replacement....

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
Ooh Pixxie i'm so sorry
frown.gif
But i know he'll find a fantastic home that'll be able to have just as much fun with him, as you will with a new one. Good luck with the home hunt ((hugs.))

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I bought my current horse from some-one who had been sold her as a confidence giver after being involved in a RTA (fortunately only minor injuries all round).
She actually needs to get confidence from the rider, so they were just winding each other up to greater nervousness every time out
ooo.gif

It was a very reluctant sale as the mare has a fabulous temperament and manners.
K. then bought a ex-RS horse which she had lessons on to regain confidence and they are now going all over the place having a great time.
smile.gif

The moral of this story is - The right horse is out there waitng for you to find it and the right home is waiting for Marley

ladyearl

vvv
Well done you've made a really brave decision and clearly not an easy one. At least you are being honest with yourself and doing the best by your horse.

At the end of the day this is meant to be fun! Hopefully, he will find a good home and you will find a new horse that gives a little bit more back to you.

diggerbez

Visit site
i'm sorry to hear this pixxie but deep down its the best thing for you and marley...the great thing with horses is they are all individuals so not every horse and person are the ideal match - i've been thru a similar thing with grey in my siggy- he was a lovely horse and i had a lot of fun with him and learnt a lot from him...but ultimately it got to the point where we would wind each other up (we were too alike!) so i sold him to a lovely home where he's spoilt rotten
grin.gif
my replacement i love to pieces - i just know that i made the right decision and its something you will realise in time!
frown.gif

legaldancer

Visit site
I've been reading your other posts this week & sympathising as I have a similar problem. If only we didn't get so emotionally attatched to them! I too think it's comparable to a marriage.
I've been struggling with a horse I've owned for nearly four years. He's such a nice chap to have around, but not to ride at times. Most of the time I've had him he's been on loan to other people (one of whom had no problems but didn't want to buy). The concensus of opinions thought it was me being nervous, but I have hunted & team chased on my other horse.
This horse has been very naughty this week with another rider & I've decided, like you, that he has to go, as we're not doing any good for each other. It's a shame as he's quite talented & everything I could want otherwise.
I think you've made a brave & difficult decision & I'd set the wheels in motion as soon as you can, so as not to prolong the process.
Good luck - theres another out there for you somewhere.