I must be mad! Horsehunting again!

Auslander

Visit site
I blame NikiCB entirely! I've hardly ridden since losing my lovely dressage horse a few years ago, but after going to look at horses with her, I suddenly came over all "I need a horse"ish, and then she nagged me until I stuck an ad up on Horsequest.

I've since had two great replies about horses that tick all the boxes, and a few that couldn't have been further from what I specified in my ad (14.3hh Anglo Arab that's "really fast and can jump 5ft!!)

I'm now getting myself all of a bother looking for nice livery yards (just in case the one I have in mind doesn't come off), thinking about transport, wondering whereabouts in my parents barn all Aussies stuff is, and generally getting myself all overexcited!

I'm mad to be even considering it. Aren't I?

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Not mad at all! Or if you are, I must be too as I did the same as you!

Almost a year after buying my new boy , for the most part, I don't regret it at all :D

Good luck finding your perfect partner!

mattilda

Visit site
Go for it!! I cannot imagine being without a horse. In fact now currently have 2 and if a 3rd came along...well we have the room!!

Auslander

Visit site
Not mad at all! Or if you are, I must be too as I did the same as you!

Almost a year after buying my new boy , for the most part, I don't regret it at all :D

Good luck finding your perfect partner!

Go for it!! I cannot imagine being without a horse. In fact now currently have 2 and if a 3rd came along...well we have the room!!

I swore "never again" after Aus, but the more I think about it, the keener I get! Doubt I'll compete any more, but the thought of having a nice horse to ponce around in the school with is very appealing!

Princess Jess

Visit site
If you're mad then I guess that makes the rest of us mad too :D
I hope you find something lovely, I'm sure it'll be the best decision you ever made!

Auslander

Visit site
If you're mad then I guess that makes the rest of us mad too :D
I hope you find something lovely, I'm sure it'll be the best decision you ever made!

Hope so! I think it will be nicer without the pressure of having to train/compete seriously. I spoiled things for myself by thinking I had to do things, rather than doing them because I wanted to. I like the idea of having a horse that I can just mess about on, but one that can work at a decent level if I feel like being serious!

Auslander

Visit site
What sort are you looking for Auslander?

I'm pretty open minded really, as long as its a decent size (16.2hh+) MW sort. I'm slightly biased towards warmbloods, and my absolute ideal would be an older advanced (dressage) horse, who is looking for an easier life, but can still bust a few moves when the urge takes us. Whatever comes along really though, as long as it's got something a bit special about it.

Always Henesy

Visit site
I'm pretty open minded really, as long as its a decent size (16.2hh+) MW sort. I'm slightly biased towards warmbloods, and my absolute ideal would be an older advanced (dressage) horse, who is looking for an easier life, but can still bust a few moves when the urge takes us. Whatever comes along really though, as long as it's got something a bit special about it.

Ah ok...

Would something like this be way off the mark for you?

picture.php

Auslander

Visit site
I've just realised that I didn't go into specifics here as it was just an idle musings post. I'm looking to loan, not buy - and I suspect this one is for sale?

Parker79

Visit site
Ooh how exciting - let us all know if this works out!!

Auslander - of course you are mad...aren't we all?? we spend a fortune and worry ourselves silly about everything, we clear up copious amounts of poo or pay lots afor others to do it for us.... and we all bloody love it! mental...just mental!! :D

Auslander

Visit site

Auslander - of course you are mad...aren't we all?? we spend a fortune and worry ourselves silly about everything, we clear up copious amounts of poo or pay lots afor others to do it for us.... and we all bloody love it! mental...just mental!! :D

The yard I'm thinking of has a nice farmer who takes care of poo!!

Bernster

Visit site

Parker - get out of head!! You know us so well ...

I'm about to get a second, certifiable now I think!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I blame NikiCB entirely! I've hardly ridden since losing my lovely dressage horse a few years ago, but after going to look at horses with her, I suddenly came over all "I need a horse"ish, and then she nagged me until I stuck an ad up on Horsequest.

I've since had two great replies about horses that tick all the boxes, and a few that couldn't have been further from what I specified in my ad (14.3hh Anglo Arab that's "really fast and can jump 5ft!!)

I'm now getting myself all of a bother looking for nice livery yards (just in case the one I have in mind doesn't come off), thinking about transport, wondering whereabouts in my parents barn all Aussies stuff is, and generally getting myself all overexcited!

I'm mad to be even considering it. Aren't I?

Hang on a minute - there I was enjoying myself with my lovely new boy and I am being blamed for all sorts!!!!! Everyone NEEDS a horse in their life. They ARE expensive, but a lot cheaper than the therapy you need if you don't have one!!! When are we off on our jolly? :) x