i need a home!

jennyg

Visit site
does anyone have any advice on finding a place to rent when you have dogs? i am really struggling...no body wants me!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Tell me about it.

'Yeah it's me and a German Shepherd. Hello? Hello?....'

I am sure there must be some sort of dedicated website or something? If not, we should start one!!!
He isn't even a house dog, FGS!

Spudlet

Visit site
Try here for some tips http://www.letswithpets.org.uk/

Good luck, it's not easy but it is possible
smile.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Awww I thought it was a rescue dog needing a home
grin.gif

I managed to find somewhere to rent when we had FOUR lurchers and greyhounds
grin.gif
Just keep being persistent with letting agents, and insist that they speak to the owner (or speak to the owner yourself!) to ask if they would accept dogs once you have established yourself as a model tenant
smile.gif

I have been very lucky, I have even been a lodger in someones house and they accepted my 2 whippets as well
grin.gif
But in the 3 years since me and my ex split I have found five places which would accept me and two greyhounds/lurchers without too much stress
smile.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
So have mine, all my landlords have commented so, even the letting agents from hell at my last place
a020.gif

Mind you I did nearly fall in a heap when she said it
grin.gif

jennyg

Visit site
i am a model tenant! have 3 terriers and 2 good references. where we live at the minute is too expensive. looking for a little 2 bed house for 2 grooms! live between banbury and stratford at the minute and want to stay in this area as all of our work is round here
frown.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I'll ask my sister where her rental properties are - dont get too excited as although she lives in Oxfordshire I am pretty sure her houses are all somewhere else
confused.gif
(no idea why!)

I'm sure you will find somewhere if you only have little terriers, people seem to mistrust larger dogs more
smile.gif

jennyg

Visit site
thanks muchly! it usually helps that the dogs arent in the house during the day as they go to work with us! still difficult though!

SusieT

Visit site
Get the vital details and have a decent chat before introducing the dog idea dnw make sure you emphasise that current landlord or whatnot would be happy to write the dogs a reference, and they would be out with you all day. I have only had about 50% properties turn me down with this approach!

fmay

Visit site
My daughter went to look at rental places, was enthusiastic and THEN asked if a dog was OK - she got the first one she tried for and it is perfect for her lab.

jennyg

Visit site
thanks for the advice! we have tried that. everywhere that seems to be ideal is just a bit far away from work etc. i think thats what comes from living in a popular area
frown.gif