I need a made to order bridle, can anyone help?

Leary

Visit site
I'm having a nightmare trying to find a bridle for Liri. She broke her jaw in May and have been trying all the bitless bridles, but they all fit right on her injuries. Dr Cook noseband was in the wrong place and had to be done up tightly, just tried Micklem multi and felt I had no brakes, don't want hackamore cos kids ride her and have heard how severe they can be in the wrong hands, don't know where to go next. The vet did say I could try a bit again, but the bar where it sits is still swollen and he said I would need to check it after every ride for soreness, and Liri isn't that ablidging as far as looking in her mouth is concerned. So I think my best bet is to find something custom made for her now.

Leary

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you can supply measurements then Matt at Heritage will help you

http://www.heritagesaddlery.co.uk/

He has made bridles for quite a few Hho forum members inc me and i have never heard a bad word about them- quality is similar to Jeffries

Please dont confuse him with the heritage copies you can get cheaply on Ebay...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for that, will give him a go
smile.gif

hellybelly6

Visit site
Dever saddlery have made bridles to measure for my horse. He does not fit anything off the peg. Good quality english leather, fantastic.

Leary

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Dever saddlery have made bridles to measure for my horse. He does not fit anything off the peg. Good quality english leather, fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just rung them, they don't do bitless, but thank you anyway.

K27

Visit site
Try Frances Kelly Bridles

www.franceskellybridles.co.uk

She is the Master Saddler at The Royal Mews, and if I were looking to buy a made to measure I would get one made from here.

I bought an engraved name plate from her, and the service was excellent.

bellaboo

Visit site
Why don't you give the guy at Mend it a call, he will make you up what ever you want and his prices are quite reasonable to. He made Bella a fat head bridle and also shortened Ted's. Def worth a chat
smile.gif

Leary

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Try Frances Kelly Bridles

www.franceskellybridles.co.uk

She is the Master Saddler at The Royal Mews, and if I were looking to buy a made to measure I would get one made from here.

I bought an engraved name plate from her, and the service was excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have e-mailed her, thanks
smile.gif

Leary

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I had one made by an english saddler who now lives abroad. He only uses english leather, everything is handmade and the prices are very very competative.
Have also had stirrup leathers and more recently some dog collars made.
I am very impressed.
Check this out from another forum it's very interesting

http://www.trotonline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1378

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't realise how much is involved til u look at that
ooo.gif

Leary

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you give the guy at Mend it a call, he will make you up what ever you want and his prices are quite reasonable to. He made Bella a fat head bridle and also shortened Ted's. Def worth a chat
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thanks for that
smile.gif