I need a sharer - where online?

LankyDoodle

Visit site
I need a sharer for my boy. My baby is 6 months old and my life has been taken over by baby, so although I do have time to ride at weekends and, in the summer, evenings when it's light, I can't ride weekday daytimes (no childcare)and my horse needs it.

I just want someone who wants to do some happy hacking really. He could be shown in some local classes/someone might have lessons on him if they wanted to, but he's just a really good hacker/loves hunting!

Apart from the obvious tack shop, feed merchants, local newspaper, car window etc, are there any places online I could find someone? I'm looking for someone who wants to ride on their days as well as doing some of his jobs and make a contribution to shoes etc.

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Thanks fairhill. I have now posted on some of the suggestions you both gave.

I just noticed my ticker has reset itself and said I am due in 23 weeks and 5 days! Haha! She was BORN 28 weeks ago so I'm pretty overdue! lol.

Nickles1973

Visit site
A bit off the wall but what about local school, nursery news letter? When my kids went off to nursery is when I went back to riding and if I'd heard about a share opportunity I'd have jumped at the chance!

maletto

Visit site
You could try NFED (altho i'm not sure it stretches as far west as somerset but you never know) or rightequine

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Some advice for what its worth. I recently put an advert on various websites as I was offering my boy on loan.

I was inundated! and got the requisite number of novices (in spite of me saying clearly "not a novice ride"); timewasters and fruitloops responding to the advert.

Plus people from miles away when I'd stipulated that I was looking for a more local home.

So you'll need to have some way of weeding out the good from the bad from the indifferent.

I'd be inclined to have a sort of questionaire or something, i.e. what is their riding experience, for how long. What sort of horses have they been riding up till now, what about their stable management skills. Have they thought about how much £££ it will cost them to enter into a share agreement. Are they prepared to sign an agreement. Ask if someone could give them a reference and/or if they'd mind if you contacted a yard or whatever where they've been to check up they're reliable. Have they got their own transport, would they be bringing friends/family/kids etc with them to the yard (be very careful about this!). Are they prepared to take out BHS Gold membership which will cover them for public liability if riding out etc etc. No doubt others on here will be able to think of other questions you might ask.

You need, I think, to be definate about the sort of person you want to share YOUR horse, and to be ruthless in discarding any factors you're not happy with.

And if you DO manage to find someone suitable, then still keep a list of also-rans, in case the person you've chosen dips out at the last minute or proves not suitable, then you can always go back to your second choice and haven't got the hassle of having to re-advertise.