I need healing vibes for Beans please

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
He had 3 surgeries between May 2020 and 2021, interdigital solid lump, fibrous with what seemed like matted hair inside the skin covered lump, grass seed that he swallowed and exited through his neck and anothe lump on a hind leg, sub dermal, sebaeceous that burst under the skin, got trapped and spread. All benign luckily. I often joke that he's a Friday dog, made out of spare parts at the end of the week. Both parents had health tests too. He's a real odd bod, I had to retire him from working as couldn't keep him sound but he still loves to train. We'll wait and see what the future brings but I know that he lives the best life he possibly could with us. He's a real quirky creature.

Ouch, he's really had more than his fair share of problems. What a bad luck he's had, e.g. with the swallowing grass seeds, and have them not come out with the poop without exit somewhere else on the body.

But he's been lucky with getting you as owner. I'm glad to hear he's home, and hopefully he have used up all his bad luck by now. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Thistle

Visit site
He was unsettled yesterday evening, refused to eat or drink but was peeing as had been on a drip all day. Slept well all night in crate in kitchen, This morning pee and poo and ate a little, fingers crossed. He'll feel more comfortable with the tennis ball sized mass gone. He's back to his normal grumbly self,but quiet behaviour, which is good.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
He was unsettled yesterday evening, refused to eat or drink but was peeing as had been on a drip all day. Slept well all night in crate in kitchen, This morning pee and poo and ate a little, fingers crossed. He'll feel more comfortable with the tennis ball sized mass gone. He's back to his normal grumbly self,but quiet behaviour, which is good.

Thanks for the update. Being back to his normal self, and eating a little sounds promising, hope his appetite also fully returns soon. {{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}

Chiffy

Visit site
Sorry I am late to see this Thistle but fingers crossed for a good and rapid recovery.
Happy new birthday in a week or two!…..as discussed!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
That's great!
We had one of our Labs spayed a few weeks ago, she was healthy when she went on the operating table and was only at the vets' for a few hours but refused to eat until lunchtime the following day, when we persuaded her to eat some cheese(!) to get her meds in. So I am impressed with 2 breakfasts at this early stage in the recovery from a serious illness

Thistle

Visit site
That's great!
We had one of our Labs spayed a few weeks ago, she was healthy when she went on the operating table and was only at the vets' for a few hours but refused to eat until lunchtime the following day, when we persuaded her to eat some cheese(!) to get her meds in. So I am impressed with 2 breakfasts at this early stage in the recovery from a serious illness

Little and often, to get his digestion working again. He's having our elderly dogs Forthglade puppy trays and will go back onto his raw diet once he's healed.

Thistle

Visit site
How is your dog doing?

Beans (now known as Spleens!) had a vet check yesterday, they're happy with his recovery so far. He's mostly bright and bouncy, being crated to keep him resting but allowed out to chill out in the evening. He also likes to sit by my feet when I'm at the kitchen table. Lead on in the garden as he pretends to be mooching about, the accelerates and goes deaf. Scar looks clean and neat, eating well. The biopsy will take a while as the mass had to be pickled onsite because it was large and also the jubilee weekend meant that it wouldn't be dealt with. Vet was trying to get it collected yesterday but no luck so it'll be a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed for a benign tumour, but if not we'll ensure that he lives the best life possible for however long her has.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Beans (now known as Spleens!) had a vet check yesterday, they're happy with his recovery so far. He's mostly bright and bouncy, being crated to keep him resting but allowed out to chill out in the evening. He also likes to sit by my feet when I'm at the kitchen table. Lead on in the garden as he pretends to be mooching about, the accelerates and goes deaf. Scar looks clean and neat, eating well. The biopsy will take a while as the mass had to be pickled onsite because it was large and also the jubilee weekend meant that it wouldn't be dealt with. Vet was trying to get it collected yesterday but no luck so it'll be a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed for a benign tumour, but if not we'll ensure that he lives the best life possible for however long her has.
Thank you. Im glad he is doing ok.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site

Not good for the wound, but it's very nice to hear that he wants to accelerate and go deaf. It's amazing isn't it, how resilient they are, close to death, and lifesaving surgery just some days ago, now he feels well, and is ready to run around and have fun. Not sure any human who had been through what he went through, would already even be thinking about running around.

Hope it continues onwards and upwards, and fingers crossed you get a positive answer whenever they finally get around to test it.

Last edited:

Thistle

Visit site
Not good for the wound, but it's very nice to hear that he wants to accelerate and go deaf. It's amazing isn't is, how resilient they are, close to death, and lifesaving surgery just some days ago, now he feels well, and is ready to run around and have fun. Not sure any human who had been through what he went through, would already even be thinking about running around.

Hope it continues onwards and upwards, and fingers crossed you get a positive answer whenever they finally get around to test it.

Thank you, he's currently curled up by my feet.

WE call him the 'friday Afternoon' dog, made out of spare parts left over at the end of the week. He's had a number of lumps removed so far and has certain challenging behaviours, but I wouldn't swap him.

He's the reason that I'm involved with Spaniel Aid as in many other homes he'd have been given up into rescue.

Thistle

Visit site
Quick update.

Vet check with Galina, the vet who saved his life yesterday. It seems he's a bit of a surgery celebrity and everyone who had anything do do with him when he was unwell came in to see him prancing round the treatment room scrounging for treats and showing everyone his very neat scar! Even those not working last week said 'oh is this the spleenectomy!'

He was weighed and has lost nearly a kilo, the weight of the spleen and mass!

Still waiting for the biopsy result, but there is nothing I can do about that so trying not to dwell on it.

Beans is very pleased that he can now go in the garden off lead, but not so happy that he has to wait another week for a walk!