i need to move. livery in south lanarkshire? :(

Caol Ila

Visit site
That looks very nice!

My horse is settled at current yard and fellow liveries and YO are lovely, but if none of the above were the case, I'd ring those people.

pipwat

Visit site
Caldergreen is lovely anne is nice and her brothers yard south muirhead is just down the road. It is however quite a bit out the back of auldhouse. Not accessible by public transport and haven driven that road more times than I can remember a pain in the winter.

weesophz

www.facebook.com
It's a shame I wouldn't be able to get to caldergreen or id definitely be giving them a call. If someone knows anything about carol watts place behind Sainsburys can u let me know what it's like as it would be good to have something within walking distance. Spoke to people at south cathkin and they have a place but it would take me an hour to walk according to google maps! Once I can drive I wont need to worry about traveling, my dads fed up taking me back and forward :(

Caol Ila

Visit site
Have driven past South Muirhead as well (I'm like the drive-by tour guide of South Lanarkshire livery yards). Looks like a lovely facility and the hacking must be amazing.

According to their website, they don't appear to offer year round turn-out.

weesophz

www.facebook.com
Is south muirhead far out aswell? I dont want to be any further away than I already am just now. Hate not being able to drive, can't wait til my lessons are done and I can do my test

Caol Ila

Visit site
Soph, I will probably be up that way early next week. I can swing by and see if I can get contact info for you (and if it totally sucks, I will figure that out quickly and tell you to not bother). Or if Emilieu beats me to it, that's fine too.

edit (as crossposted with Soph): South Muirhead is out in the middle of east bumblef&^%&^ck. Beautiful countryside, but you'd definitely need wheels.

pipwat

Visit site
Off the wall but bents farm in chapelton has a space. You vcan get a bus from ek to chapelton think its still a hendersons no 13 get it at town centre. Get off at 2nd stop in chapelton in middle of village and its a 5mun walk up past park. Bluefaulds is opposite. Bus also takes you padt flatmoss lovely yo on ek strathaven road. Just suggestiond if you are thinking about moving

Caol Ila

Visit site
I reckon that would be more than a 5 min walk from the Strathaven Rd. Maybe 30 minutes if a bus dropped you off at the junction between the wee road and the A71 (which goes to Kilmarnock, not East Kilbride).

weesophz

www.facebook.com
Got your pm pipwat but can't reply on phone. I've spoke to k and she knows the situation, she's going to try sort something for me but with so many needing put in paddocks I dont know how she's going to work it out, I will obviously wait and see what happens but I do need a back up plan because fox has had a leg fractured before and I cant risk it again. He's in with the Shetland for now haha

Caol Ila

Visit site
To drive. Google tells me it would take an hour on public transport to get from East Kilbride to Chapelton. Google might not know what it's on about, but Soph does say it's not an easy trip for her to do. Anyway, I meant that South Muirhead would probably be more than a 5 min walk from wherever a bus might drop you off.

Caol Ila

Visit site
When I drove past South Muirhead, I was drooling over the hacking I imagined they would have on that beautiful wild moorland and the indoor arena I saw. The lack of winter turn-out would put me off, though.

Finding the perfect yard is a bitch, ain't it.

weesophz

www.facebook.com
It's hacking id like more than a school, me and fox aren't to fussed on schooling haha. Turnout im not fussy over either as we dont get much winter turnout currently so fox is used to it anyway

Emilieu

Visit site
It's hacking id like more than a school, me and fox aren't to fussed on schooling haha. Turnout im not fussy over either as we dont get much winter turnout currently so fox is used to it anyway

If you were near my gaff we could go play on the braes...

Not that i'm trying to convince you much ;);)

Mince Pie

Visit site
Can you get a bike for the interim? Then your hour long walk would take about 20 minutes each way - besides it's not like you're in the Highlands :p

Shantara

Visit site
I know how you feel :( I've been at my yard for going on 14yrs! I feel like my loyalty is now being shoved aside (not by YO who gave me Ned as she is no longer there) but I feel almost like a stranger, all the 'originals' are leaving and so many new people are coming.

I don't get a say in much and I've been there years longer than anyone else!

I can't help I'm afraid, but I just wanted to say I'm here if you'd like a chat :) x

weesophz

www.facebook.com
Broke but happy it's embarrassing that I didn't even think of that. However I dont think that will be much use to me when it's snowing up to my knees haha. Could do for now though!

Nah its a pain isn't it :( thats how I feel, the yo's stepdaughter is the only one who's been there longer than me, I helped them out so much and do her horse for her when she's struggling but everyone seems to forget that.

It's just money money money now, loyalty counts for nothing

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
def get a bike, I used to ride everywhere before I could drive takes sooo much less time than walking!