I promise I'm not a rescue sanctuary ha ha - before & afters!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Just a proud post really... I wont go into too much detail as I have commented before on previous threads - my two childhood ponies found their way back to me in the past year (ish)

Lily (grey) my first ever pony I had her when I was 11 she was 5, lightly broken :D mad I know.
Sold her in 2012 as needed to move onto horses for BS... got offered her back in Aug 2018 as owners selling farm and wanted to sell all horses.. 5 years untouched in a field, suffering badly with sweetitch, very poor condition.

Rocky (bay) my first 'horse' got him when i was 15 he was 4 fresh from Ireland, had 4 amazing years with him horse of a lifetime - I worked 2 part time jobs around a level study to try and afford to keep him but parents forced sale anyway - i was heartbroken.
Sold in 2016 peak fitness with many wins under his belt in all sorts of disciplines and levels. Owner approached me in November 2017, he had thrown her off a few times jumping and she was afraid of him. 1 year in a field very little interaction not ridden, fed twice daily all year (broodmare mix?!), mild hock arthritis.

Lily has been home for 8 months, admittedly we haven't done much it's taken a while to get the weight on her, shes a Connie but a very fine one! We had such trouble finding a saddle that fitted her because she is a strange shape a WIDE saddle and very flat/ broad back.
Shes now healthy and ready to start some proper work :cool:

poor girl had rubbed her self to bits, her belly was red raw ..
thumbnail_IMG_0432.jpg

This was after a couple of month of feeding up.. and she was still tiny.
24-04-2019-14-32-49.jpg

Taken yesterday... looking much better now and ready for some 'proper' work ;)
thumbnail_IMG_0435.jpg

Rocky has been home for 16 months, it really has taken a while for the weight to come off him, he was blinking HUGE.
So fitness was obviously a big issue but we have got there eventually!
He is now competing BD Affiliated and geting some nice scores :D he has brought home plenty of reds in showing, working hunter, show jumping and dressage since hes been home - there is a lot more to come from him!!

Can't quite appreciate how huge he was, he is 15hh.
_24-04-2019-14-39-09.jpg

Took me a long time to get the weight off this guy safely!
GetAttachmentThumbnail

In fact there hasn't been many outings where he hasn't bought home a red - clever lad

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I'm so happy these ponies found their way back to me - funny how life works!
They did look a bit of a mess when they came back, many people told me i was bonkers but they're back up to scratch and ready to enjoy their totally pampered lives back with me and they will not be going anywhere EVER again!! :)xx

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Totally agree with Ycbm. What a lovely post OP. It really cheers me up when I read things like this.
Good luck to you and I hope you have many happy years back together again:)

Thank you so very much Shady :)!!

This is a lovely post, what beautiful ponies, and lucky. :)

Thank you Clodagh they're my world!

What a great story and don't they look fab now - a real credit to you

Thank you too Eggs, they look a hell of a lot better now bless them :)!!

Chippers1

Visit site
What a great job you've done! Your connie looks quite similar to mine (also lean type - my YO calls him a sports model) but they also have a similar face - what breeding is she?

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Ah well done you and how lovely to be able to have them back. You’ve done a great job there they are v lucky.

Thank you Bernster, it is like a dream having them both back!! x

What a great job you've done! Your connie looks quite similar to mine (also lean type - my YO calls him a sports model) but they also have a similar face - what breeding is she?

Thank you Chippers :D! Breeding below, she is very fine!!

1556183306595.png

Chippers1

Visit site
Interesting, they're not directly related but both have 'Carna bobby' and 'Rebel' (plus various offsprings of Rebel) in there bloodlines. Possibly along with a million other connies but interesting to see!