I rode an Icelandic

wellsat

Visit site
I rode one as a teenager while we were on holiday in the New Forest. Fantastic experience but think my legs would actually touch the ground if I did it now. If I ever have large amounts of spare cash I'd love to do that holiday where you trek with a herd of them across Iceland.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
They are amazing to watch especially when they tolt. Two young girls up the lane each have an Icelandic pony where I keep my boys.
A couple of years ago I was at a Bridleways AGM and the guest speak was Anne Rillie (BHS) – she provided us with a recount of the groups escapades on a BHS Icelandic Challenge Ride. Every day the group had a new horse from the herd that travelled with them. They had to make themselves salmon sandwiches every day for their lunch! Yum Yum!!.... and accommodation was in a tent (for 2) and included rather chilly nights.

Walrus

Visit site
Icelandics are amazing! I went to Iceland on a riding holiday a few years ago and rode with a free running herd in Northern Iceland. It was the most amazing experience and when I have lots of money I will definitely go back - amazing people, scenery, food and ponies! :D

Mildred

Visit site
My horse lives next to a yard full of icelandics, they are looking very fluffy and cuddly at the moment but they are terrifying to meet out hacking, all manic legs and flying manes and tails! My poor mare doesn't know what to do with herself!