I said goodbye to 'Freckles' this week

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
This week I lost my partner in crime, Freckles was my horse of a lifetime and I owned her for 20 years since she was 5 months old. She is where my H&H forum name came from. Some of the older members might remember me asking for advise when me and my horses moved to Spain in 2004, we moved back in 2016 along with her son Harley, who was born out there. This year she seemed to be losing her sight, shes coped all summer quite well, but I think it got to the stage she could only seen shapes and could not see the fencing until the last second. The vet thought uveitis, but she also had a cataract and a tumor in the eye, so removal was not an option sadly. With the long dark nights coming I decided it was time to let her go, the last thing she and I needed was for her to get caught in the fencing and suffer all night.

I took some photos of her last week and a rainbows end was settled on her back, it must of been a sign.

Wednesday... She demanded our attention when we ( me and daughter) got to the field, so she got lots of scratches and a brush, a bowl of food in which Harley ( her son) was not allowed to share unless he wanted a good boot from her. It had rained all night and was a grey miserable morning, but the sun shone as she was gently pts, ( by injection) and she ate until the last moment even though heavily sedated. . We had an hour until her body was collected which gave me and daughter time to sit with her and laugh ( about the good times) and cry, and for the other horses to say their goodbyes. Once gone the rain returned.
I’m lucky to of had her for all her life and she will live on in Harley her son.

Anyone that is a member of the British Appaloosa Society might not realise that the logo is base on her and her son.

Attachments

• 45935604_10156281316656028_618835118689091584_n.jpg
    45935604_10156281316656028_618835118689091584_n.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 44939547_10156252562521028_7523850140637986816_n.jpg
    44939547_10156252562521028_7523850140637986816_n.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 57

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
This week I lost my partner in crime, Freckles was my horse of a lifetime and I owned her for 20 years since she was 5 months old. She is where my H&H forum name came from. Some of the older members might remember me asking for advise when me and my horses moved to Spain in 2004, we moved back in 2016 along with her son Harley, who was born out there. This year she seemed to be losing her sight, shes coped all summer quite well, but I think it got to the stage she could only seen shapes and could not see the fencing until the last second. The vet thought uveitis, but she also had a cataract and a tumor in the eye, so removal was not an option sadly. With the long dark nights coming I decided it was time to let her go, the last thing she and I needed was for her to get caught in the fencing and suffer all night.

I took some photos of her last week and a rainbows end was settled on her back, it must of been a sign.

Wednesday... She demanded our attention when we ( me and daughter) got to the field, so she got lots of scratches and a brush, a bowl of food in which Harley ( her son) was not allowed to share unless he wanted a good boot from her. It had rained all night and was a grey miserable morning, but the sun shone as she was gently pts, ( by injection) and she ate until the last moment even though heavily sedated. . We had an hour until her body was collected which gave me and daughter time to sit with her and laugh ( about the good times) and cry, and for the other horses to say their goodbyes. Once gone the rain returned.
I’m lucky to of had her for all her life and she will live on in Harley her son.

Anyone that is a member of the British Appaloosa Society might not realise that the logo is base on her and her son.
So Sorry you had to make this hard decision. but you have her son like I have my boy to remember my beloved mare by. It is hard and your senario brings back memories of my first mare too who had Moon Blindness and cataracts, and had 20 % vision but she had a donkey to follow round with. I too took pictures of her final days with her son as she had been boxed so long. I let my boy sniff his mum after she left for closure, but he was so close to her as your boy was, so the two of you be a shoulder, and have loads of cuddles together. Stay strong xx

eahotson

Visit site

Very sorry to hear this but well done for making that last hard decision.