I say good bye to Joey

Cas1979

Visit site
Came back from the Vet about 45 minutes ago.

Joey's head rested whilst the Vet injected the drug in. He sighed few times before the bigger came out. I held him so tight that I thought I was going to break his neck.

His black eyes look empty and I knew he had gone...

I couldn't let him go, hubby has to separate me from his lifeless body.

I walked into the house and tears were and stll are pouring down my face... I hear little noises and I think Joey is going to come in marching in the lounge.

Im already missing him so much and I don't know what to do cos I don't seem to be able to get distracted.

I think it will get worse before it gets better, but I never felt a pain like this before and is too overwhelming.

Little monkey sleep tight. will meet up again in my dreams and I promise we will go for long walks on the beach

Mummy loves you very much and will never forget you!!!

Calcyle

Visit site
Gah, tearing up and I'm about to start my shift at work. There's nothing I can possibly say, but thoughts are with you xx

Cas1979

Visit site
I cant stop crying

Joey was the one that came to make me laugh when I was sad.. he isn't here to do that now and I don't seem to be able to stop....

FubsyMog

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. I read your other thread but didn't comment as I have no expertise in this area. But you did right by Joey by allowing him a dignified and comfortable end. (((Hugs)))

Merlin1979

Visit site
I'm so sorry but I hope you can take some comfort in that letting him have a dignified end that he deserved.
I'm not sure if he was your first dog but my boy that had CDRM has my first dog and I was inconsolable when I let him go. It does get easier but it just takes time. In saying that, my boy died 10 yers ago and I cried reading your thread. Have some hugs, I'm thinking of you x

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Cas Ifeel your pain, there is no pain as great as losing a loved one, it may be small comfort to you right now but having Joey pts was a very selfless act and not all owners do the right thing by their dog.

Ive had lots of dogs pts over the years but 2 were the most painful, my little Battersea rescue dog left me bereft and I was 22 and half weeks pregnant and the grief caused me to lose my baby. My beloved Fred who age 4 was dying of Lepto so was pts, I was inconsulable and there is nothing as empty as a home without a dog.

It does get better but it takes time and there will be a time in the future when you think of him and will smile instead of shedding a tear. Hugs to you. xx

Cas1979

Visit site
I'm so sorry but I hope you can take some comfort in that letting him have a dignified end that he deserved.
I'm not sure if he was your first dog but my boy that had CDRM has my first dog and I was inconsolable when I let him go. It does get easier but it just takes time. In saying that, my boy died 10 yers ago and I cried reading your thread. Have some hugs, I'm thinking of you x

Thanks... Joey is my 1st dog, was.
I knew it would be hard, but this is unbearable. I've tried to do things to distract myself, but I can't... Joey was my distraction when I was sad or upset or angry...
Just walk around the house, look at our bed, his outside bed, garden and lounge like trying to find him then I collapse on sofa crying harder.

Cas1979

Visit site
Sorry for your loss, he is free now x

yes that is my comfort.

He is playing and running around with other dogs. Something he didn't do for such long time cos CDRM didn't allow him to do much.

I'm pretty sure he will be back on our bed at bedtime.... in the meantime I need to find something to distract me cos my eyes are getting really swelled up from crying

thanks for support

Cas1979

Visit site
Cas Ifeel your pain, there is no pain as great as losing a loved one, it may be small comfort to you right now but having Joey pts was a very selfless act and not all owners do the right thing by their dog.

Ive had lots of dogs pts over the years but 2 were the most painful, my little Battersea rescue dog left me bereft and I was 22 and half weeks pregnant and the grief caused me to lose my baby. My beloved Fred who age 4 was dying of Lepto so was pts, I was inconsulable and there is nothing as empty as a home without a dog.

It does get better but it takes time and there will be a time in the future when you think of him and will smile instead of shedding a tear. Hugs to you. xx

Thanks Dobiegirl, I guess it was double f pain when you lost the doggy and baby, sorry to hear that.

Yes I hope nt to far from now I can speak about him and smile, although I think he will always bring a tear to my eye, because the amount of happiness he gave me, I never had before!

Booboos

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss.

The pain does get easier with time, but it's not easy to let go. You did him a last kindness by putting his welfare before your feelings and I know it doesn't feel like it now, but at some point you will be able to think back to the memories with a smile.

Cas1979

Visit site
Been sat in my front room for 4 hours and half since I got back from the vets, is all quite... and I keep hearing Joey n the house, if isn't his claws on the laminate, is his whining asking for attention.... I keep feeling he is going to walk into the front room with his toy....

Tonight is going to be hard, he sleeps with me, he has his side of the bed... now that is going to be empty :O(

tiggs

Visit site
So sorry RIP Joey

This poem helped me when I lost my girl

I stood by your bed last night,
I came to have a peep,
I could see you were crying,
you found it hard to sleep,

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
'It’s me, I haven’t left you, I’m well, I’m fine I'm here,

I was with you in the morning, I watched you make your tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me,

I walked with you toward the house ,as you fumbled for your key,
I gently put my nose on you, I smiled and said it's me,

You looked so sad and tired as you sank into your chair,
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there,

It's possible for me, to be near you every day,
I say to you with certainty,’ I never went away,

When the time comes for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll run across to greet you and we'll stand together side by side,

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see,
Be patient, live your journey out.....
Then come home with me.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
RIP Joey. I know that feeling of thinking you hear them, feel their presence, it is so hard but strangely comforting. The hardest part of owning a dog, and sadly so many of us know what you are going through.

Cas1979

Visit site
Tiggs I've read that poem about 10 times and I can picture all that in my head with Joey... Tears just pour down in every verse.

Splash girl, murphysminder thanks for your words.

I don't regret having Joey for a minute, if I need to go through this again in exchange of the love and happiness he gave me, so then be it.

Just finding difficult to let go, probably cos never had to do it, I love him so much and my life depended on his, every hour of my day, apart from when I was at work, I shared with Joey, so I dont know what to do without him

That old chestnut

Visit site
I feel for you. It is one of the hardest and bravest decisions you will probably ever have to make. In your heart you know it was time and that you did the right thing for Joey. I had to do the same about 5 years ago with my 18 year old mongrel. She wasn't my first dog or my last, but she was my special dog. She was my life at the time and had been with me during many important parts of my life (marriage, divorce, single parenthood, uni as a mature student, remarriage and another child). I spent months questioning whether I made the decision too soon or too late and tortured myself that I had got it wrong. But I hadn't and I accept that now. I still shed a few tears for her now and then despite having another gorgeous dog. There will only ever be one Bonnie for me!
Cherish the memories, they can never be taken from you.

tiggs

Visit site
Tiggs I've read that poem about 10 times and I can picture all that in my head with Joey... Tears just pour down in every verse.

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you, i just found after a couple of days it helped me to think of Tiggy being near. Take your time i didn't stop crying for ages and still shed the odd tear for her over 2 years later. I didn't think I could ever get another dog as i couldn't face going through the pain again, but someone i knew had a dog that needed a new home and it seemed like fate that it was meant to be.

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. You done right by him and now he is free to run without pain.

Its the hardest thing in the world to lose someone close to you. He'll always be in your heart and does help to heal. I've lost four dogs now and each were different and special in there own ways, i've recently been dreaming my dog i lost 6years ago was still here and still makes me wake up upset.

Cas1979

Visit site
Sorry I didn't mean to upset you, i just found after a couple of days it helped me to think of Tiggy being near. Take your time i didn't stop crying for ages and still shed the odd tear for her over 2 years later. I didn't think I could ever get another dog as i couldn't face going through the pain again, but someone i knew had a dog that needed a new home and it seemed like fate that it was meant to be.

The poem didn't upset me, in a way I comforted me, the tears haven't stopped...

I appreciate your advice, kind words help to heal!

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Bless ya, it hurts, doesn't it? But it will get easier, honest. There will come a time when you will be able to think of Joey & more often smile than shed a tear xx