I seem to attract sick orphan kittens!!!!

amage

Visit site
Was driving home from a friend's this evening and saw a little scruffball at the side of the road. Opened the window and heard it crying so went to investigate and found a little tabby kitten curled up petrified and shaking. Evicted Rory from his crate and popped the kitten in the crate and Rory in the front seat till we got home. Poor little thing has a horrendous eye infection in it's right eye, is very skinny & looks to have been in the wars. There are loads of feral cats around here (middle of the country side) and the corner where I found the kitten has a family of foxes living in the fields so I'd say Mammy cat may have succumbed to some predator as no other kittens around. Anywho kitten is now washed, de-flea'd, fed and sleeping. I'm guessing she is 5-6 weeks as she is quite hardy and lapped at sugared water rather than suck. Will go to the vet in the morn and go from there.....Poor Rory was quite disgusted to discover that I was not serving her up for his dinner!! Bold terrierist!

duck85

Visit site
Awwww at least the kitten wasn't hurt too badly and didn't get hit by a car...
I hope it will be ok and maybe if you keep it, Rory might begin to like them!

amage

Visit site
It is very miserable looking but a tough wee thing....certainly has fighting spirit and is currently burrowed down into a towel that is on top of a hot water bottle purring...Rory is quite fascinated as to where the noise is coming from! Eye infection is very nasty and eyeball very sunken into the socket. I'm not sure will the eye be ok but we'll see!

Alexart

Visit site
He'll be fine - probably has a touch of cat flu of some description like the vast majority of ferals, most of mine had bad eye infections when caught and they do come round, just wash with salt water until you can get some cream from the vets for him. Sometimes the eye is too badly damaged or has been stuck shut for so long it doesn't develop properly but they do just fine even with one eye!!!
I seem to attract ferals too - nobody neuters the darn things round here except me, so I set traps for them and cart them off to the vets to get an MOT and neutered - trouble is they tend to move in - I have 18 of the darn things, they don't even catch mice!!!:D

amage

Visit site
Poor little girl died early this morn. I had got up a few times during the night to feed/check her and she had seemed ok. She had her early morning feed (had only been giving her tiny feeds so as not to overload her) and snuggled down on my lap again then gave a little gasp and that was it she was gone...at least she had a few hours warmth and comfort before she went

DW Team

Visit site
Oh I am so sorry she did not make it but at least she has some love and TLC at the end. Thank you for caring enough to stop and take her in.

Alexart

Visit site
That's so sad! Maybe her mum left her for a reason, but at least as you say she was somewhere nice, warm and someone cared for her at the end.