I should never have clicked... *head-desk*

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I realised I still had the tab open with the "Great DanexElephant" for sale that there was a post about the other day ( http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5155805/page/0/fpart/all/vc/1 ) and had decided to close the tab, when I saw the button saying "Dogs", which made me a little tempted and curios but I should never have clicked the button, because I came across this ad for Boxers...

Breed: Boxer Dogs for sale
Age: 3 Weeks (please tell me it is a case of forgetting to add a number somewhere?)
Sex: Female

Description: I have a fabulous Boxer girl looking for a new pwemanent home, I also have an unrelated boy and amy poddible (= maybe possible?) be of interest to a hobby breeder. The girl is a very pretty youngster who is full of fun, the boy is older and a very hansom dog they would make fabulous parents and have good gentle natures to pass on. I am willing for them to be separated for the right homes. They are KC registered and vaccinated to date. All enquiries are welcome and I will hold onto them until the new year if need be. The price listed is for the female, they are both very loyal and will be excellect compaions.
Price: £400

*head-desk, head-desk, head-desk*

Okay, she does say, in the later part of the ad, that she will consider to sell them separately (to the right home, hm, does that mean that if I'm a completely unsuitable Boxer owner but wants both... ?) and that they're excellent companions but still, that is only after already "babbling" twice about them as possible parents/being of interest for a hobby breeder!

If the bitch is only a puppy, there is no way to guarantee that she will grow to become brood bitch material and being KC registered and vaccinated, surely is no guarantee that either of them is of breeding quality. Besides I must say, I have yet to meet a Boxer with a dull and gloomy temperament, in fact I would even go so far as saying that for a Boxer, it is a breed characteristic to be full of fun. Whether she is only 3 weeks or older, it is hardly a sign of suitability to become a brood bitch.

Link to the ad

P.S. If it really is only 3 weeks old, it should still be with its breeder!

g070.gif
crazy.gif

PPS. Cayla, if your read this, please don't explode. May I recommend that you perhaps either use this
8.gif
, this
5.gif
or this smiley
MeditateEmoticon.gif
(aum...)

Bossdog

Visit site
Good grief
confused.gif
frown.gif
..... two random dogs + one dippy "hobby" breeder = poor puppies, apart from anything else, what a rubbish advert?! Anyone registered with the site, want to leave a comment?!

Parkranger

Visit site
Oh dear god, that is better than my Great Dane x Elephant post.

*head desk* moment indeed......just what we need, more amature breeders

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
It's not the worst I've seen by a long shot, though
frown.gif

My biggest head-desk is still 'Panda Shepherds' - genetic freakshows more like
frown.gif

And the breeder of the Shepadoodles advertised on another forum replied there, to questions about health testing in the GSDs he has bred (he says he breeds for 'strong back ends' with no mention of temperament, by saying 'All my puppies are checked by my vet'.
Awesome, I am sure the HD and elbow testing schemes can be packed up right now, if that is how easy it is, a vet looking at a nine week old puppy.
The vet is obviously a fortune teller, too.

He calls himself a breeder, when all he did was mate two dogs together. That, IMO, does not make one a breeder.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
d040.gif
I also want a psychic veterinarian!

No seriously, I agree it is not the worst I've seen but it still scares me, what if she does manage to sell them to somebody wanting them for a breeding purpose? Not to mention that she will hold on to them until new year, if not sold what happens then?

wink.gif
Besides what do you have against somebody wanting a dog with good looking colour pattern? *FinnishLapphund listens to see if she can hear a big bang coming in from the west.*

I know, I know, they either do it because claiming to sell rarities always fools someone or they want to put their mark in history...

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
te

He calls himself a breeder, when all he did was mate two dogs together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did no one tell him that it won't work if you breed two dogs together?
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong thread P
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to think of something to say quickly when I edited!

I have three HHO windows open for some reason.
blush.gif

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
mad.gif
Humph, it's my thread and I missed the wrongly posted reply...

grin.gif

Maybe you can blame it on that all the dancing around the Christmas tree have made you dizzy? (Though I didn't think many danced around their trees these days...)

a020.gif
u042.gif