i think its very sad...

diggerbez

Visit site
just thinking about the jordanross post debacle over the last 24 hours and i think its terrible that someone has had to made a sodding youtube video to be 'accepted' as a genuine person
frown.gif
i've posted before, during 'trollgate' about how trolls pee me off and that it might stop genuine newbies from joining HHO because they might get accused of being a troll and then exactly that has happened! i know why people thought jordan might be a troll but i think it reinforces a point that people who come on here and troll anonymously are a lower lifeform! and i also think think that if you suspect someone of being a troll then it might be best to just not post on the thread rather than making snidey 'troll' comments. hmpf
mad.gif
i think jordan must have great strenght of character to have persevered- i would have posted and then got scared about how mean everyone sounded
right...am going to climb off sopabox now!!
grin.gif
blush.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
I agree, and also refrained from posting a caustic troll reply...... I really thought it was a person taking the pee
frown.gif
frown.gif

So I only posted when it was proved that it was all above board......

It is sad that Jordanross felt he had to prove it all, but how great he must have felt to have proven people wrong
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Sadly, anything that sounds a bit Christine Pullien-Thompson (ie buying a horse on a whim and keeping it in the garage) is bound to sound like trolling
frown.gif
frown.gif

quirky

Visit site
I agree
smile.gif

I didn't actually doubt his post at any point, he reminds me of another guy I know who bought an ex-racer.
Yes, the horse probably wasn't the right one for him initially but he adored him and did the best for him. Now they are a great partnership and nanny quite a few people on hacks. He is going to be my nanny when I hack my younsgter out
grin.gif

I wondered if the people on here who are quick to shout 'troll' are so suspecting of others in real life. Quite a sad way to be if they are
crazy.gif
frown.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Actually Diggerbez, I think you're being a bit unfair to HHO posters. I must admit I was convinced he was a troll. But to be fair, up until he started posting some random posts this morning then most of it was good, friendly advice.

He seems to have taken the whole thing in good humour, so I think he'll survive his first foray on to the forum.......

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Most of it has gone now Isme - but it all got a bit silly this morning.

But just look at JordanRoss's other post.

annret

Visit site
The reason the post came across as a trolling post - though I always gave it benefit of the doubt - is because it was full of the things which more experienced horse owners always cringe at.

Come on, an unvetted TB from a private sale as a first horse to be kept alone in a garage by a first time novice owner and fed on a high-sugar diet of pasture mix with a 1.5 acre field?

How much does that sound like a nightmare scenario/pisstake designed to upset people who REALLY CARE about the welfare of horses?

In reality, the horse looks beautiful, healthy and happy; the garage is one of the nicest stable set-ups I've ever seen; the field appears to be much larger than 1.5 acres & the owner has loaned a horse previously and so understands horse care.

These are the type of things people make into trolling posts - trolling massively winds me up by the way - because to many it seems inconcievable that one might just think one day 'oh, i'll get a horse and keep him at home'. Jordan has a steep learning curve ahead, but hopefully it will all work out very well.

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
I thought it was quite entertaning,
grin.gif
I looked at the post when it first went up and put it on remind me, knowing it would bring out all the doubting thomases (sp) I have this vision of HHO members running round like headless chickens shouting troll ! troll ! lmao
grin.gif
shame i cant see you tube
mad.gif

gails

Visit site
I have found this post and it seems that it is all now there.

The thing that I find so hard is that people are syaing ' an experienced horse owner would not say this' well some of us ( if not most)have come from having no experience, I got my first pony at 10. I was from a non horsey family, so I would say that there are no stupid questions, only stupid peopel who are scared to ask.

I have to say that Jordans garage extension is one of the nicest I have seen, when I was a child I had a friend whos conversion was just a partition.

I am glad that Jordans post came about, as I posted a completly incocent post about my horse ( that I a trying to get weight on) being feed cucumber as a treat, and apart from a couple of posts ( thanks to yuo who did that), the rest seemed to give the impression that they thought I was a troll, I may be wrong but it did seem that way.

On a lighter note, to Jordans, I just showd Daisy your you tube and she loves Daffy, she was saying and waving hello to her, how cute.

You will get there, maybe get in an instructor to help, and it will take her time to be alone , but my TB lived for 10years on his own and we had the same probelm when he got company, you cannot go in to heavy handed, but belive me, your girl is
deffiatly see how far she can push you and what she ca get away with.

Sorry that this turned inot such a long post

dingle12

Visit site
I wrote it was very sad at the bottom of his post. Some people on here think they own the forum. And that they are the fourm police and the trouble is as soon as one says something everyone jumps on the same wagon.

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Actually Diggerbez, I think you're being a bit unfair to HHO posters. I must admit I was convinced he was a troll. But to be fair, up until he started posting some random posts this morning then most of it was good, friendly advice.

He seems to have taken the whole thing in good humour, so I think he'll survive his first foray on to the forum.......

[/ QUOTE ]

right fine...he could have been a troll- and i did say that i understand why people might have thought that given the clear lack of knowledge. but TBF the poster did say he had no experience and had come on here for advice and i think the way some people spoke to him was shocking. its one thing to think 'oh my god, like you would do that' to actually start slagging someone on a forum for it- if you aren't sure about someone being a troll then just don't post ('if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything' springs to mind). IMHO its tantamount to bullying. i am a teacher and if a student came to me and said "i don't know how many wives henry VIII had" i could say "OMFG, aren't you stupid, how could you not know that" but i don't- i explain what the answer is- given that we only get knowledge by asking questions. sorry but this is something i feel very
strongly about- as do others e.g. dingle who i know posted something similar on the original thread...
smile.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
As I said - he seems to have more than coped with all of us middle aged women.

So I really, wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
wink.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
i'm not losing sleep over it...i just think its sad though and TBH if i'd behaved like that i'd be really ashamed and embarrassed
frown.gif

edited to say- yes i think jordan has taken this in good humour. the next such person might not
frown.gif