I think I've been had II

putasocinit

Visit site
I had my 18 year old sheet tie gelded today and he is fine, age is really not an issue as long as it is done right. What is the horse for to look out at from your window or to ride, sorry sounds to me like you didn't like the horse in the first place so looking for a reason to shoot it.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Well said Hollycat, what a wonderful welcome this new poster has received - not!

Even after she has better explained the position, people are jumping up and down on her with no idea whatsoever what the circumstances are - shame on you all :mad:

I agree with this, as usual, someone who might appear to be slightly 'different' posts and is jumped upon.

Funny, I've been teaching tolerance all week at school and not to assume things immediately......

smellsofhorse

Visit site
sorry but thats a bitextreme.

Cruel even.
Do the right thing by the horse.
You sound inexperienced or just naive.

Has horse seen vet?
Does he have company?
The management needs tweeking if horse keeps choking and getting cast etc
Get horse gelded.
Get professional help.
Send it away even.

Giving horse a time limit then
having it shot for no good reason is not right.

cambrica

Visit site
Once we know what part of the middle east bobajob lives someone might be able to recommed a vet.

I think you may find BJ lives in Middle Earth, not Middle East. Unless of course we have photographic evidence which in this case is not unreasonable to ask.

The_snoopster

Visit site
Am I being thick but on one post you say he was used to being treated like a king with his own personal groom on tap 24/7, then another post where you say you can show pictures of him arriving very skinny. So did his personal groom who treated him like a king not feed him, excuse me if I have read this wrong. :confused:

TrasaM

Visit site
I thought bobajob was saying that he now has his own personal groom:confused: she said on another post that she'd had the donkey castrated so I'm assuming it was done by a vet..I hope:eek:

The_snoopster

Visit site
Ahh I see, maybe he would settle more if he has some one on one with his actual owner, after his nuts are chopped off. I know of someone who had 2 rescue stallions gelding who were also teenagers, it made their lives so much easier without hormones thrown into the mix with a new home.

Little Fat Pony

Visit site
I think some of these posts are a bit harsh, I'm new to this forum and I haven't managed to navigate it properly yet. :)

So the problems are;

He's a stallion. - Geld him
He runs up and down the fence. - Will most likely be solved when/if you geld him, but if not could you turn him out with a quiet gelding?
Gets cast. - Is there a medical reason for this? I would be worried if a horse became cast on a regular basis. Does he get cast in the stable? If so, make sure your bankings are high, and maybe try an anti-cast roller?
Chokes. - Maybe get his teeth done? If not, and you say he was skinny/neglected could have tried to eat lots and rushed it?

Hope it doesn't sound patronising, but I would get a vet out just to check him over, you say there is loads wrong with him, and maybe a vet could help resolve these issues. I think you should at least give him chance to settle and try and sort out his issues. :)

albeg

Visit site
Hope it doesn't sound patronising, but I would get a vet out just to check him over, you say there is loads wrong with him, and maybe a vet could help resolve these issues. I think you should at least give him chance to settle and try and sort out his issues. :)

I agree with this.
If he's getting choke regularly, are you keeping an eye on him for pneumonia?

Visit site
I am very confuzzled, a lot of the posts you are quoting on this thread dont appear on my pc! Cannot find other thread from Mrs. B has it been pulled ?

Tai.Ni.Po.Ni

Visit site
Having lived in the middle east for a couple of years if you tell us what part I can happily recommend vets. The excuse they are not as advanced as western vets is really not true, I actually found them to be a lot more advanced and using more modern techniques and treatments.

Beausmate

Visit site
I am very confuzzled, a lot of the posts you are quoting on this thread dont appear on my pc! Cannot find other thread from Mrs. B has it been pulled ?

I think this thread was originally started on MrsB's, but as it's not really relevant to that one, it's been split off from it-hence the odd quotes.

murphysmummy

Visit site
Ah! Thanks for the explanation about the quotes, I was completely lost too!!
Do you think op is foreign themselves and struggling with language differences? That's my only explanation for the contradictions and peculiarities!