I think Jammie is nearly ready to go eventing! And a BD RoR Q...

lex2501

Visit site
It's a been a little quiet on the Jam-front recently with her little holiday following her run in with a gate post but it's great to have her up and running again so I thought I would share her progress...

As a bit of background I bought her last August straight from the racetrack. She was due to be a short term project but she blossomed in a way I never expected and she is now very much a permanent fixture. She had an annoying injury in october which put her out of action for a couple of months, and then again needed a couple of months off in March with her nasty wound so it's been a bit stop-start with her re-schooling, but with hindsight those breaks have done her the world of good.

I'm keen to try and get her out eventing this season, but I'm also very conscious of taking my time with her and being sure that she is ready as we are producing her very much with the longer term in mind.

We had a busy but brilliant weekend so I thought now was a good time to let you all know how she is getting on!

On friday evening we hired the BS course at Farnham Town to give her her first jump on grass, and also to introduce to proper fillers and water trays as they are notoriously spooky there. She completely and utterly exceeded expectations, being very bold, but also remaining rideable. She didn't think twice about any of the fillers or water trays *proud* :D I was absolutely chuffed with her, and Dan was equally impressed. He doesn't usually like mares but I think I am slowly converting him ;)
watch

A couple of really shoddy stills from the video but you get the idea :):
Untitled_zpsfc12e181.png

2_zps596546a9.png
4_zpsecfcaea0.png

5_zpsdf1c3e56.png

I thought I also had better make a start at fine tuning the dressage too so we went to Crofton Manor to have a go at two unaffiliated prelims to give her a chance to soak up a competition environment and learn about white boards and busy warm ups. I was fully expecting to have her ears up my nose all day and pretty abysmal scores but once again Jammie totally and utterly went beyond the call of duty! She stood beautifully for me to get her ready, then was a complete poppet in the warm up being very rideable and soft and concentrating. She actually felt better than she does at home, and I was so proud to hear lots of lovely comments from onlookers, and a knowlegeable dutch lady was admiring her with my Mum and even came to watch her test as she was so impressed! I could pop with pride for my little mare!! :D

She was super cute in both her tests and really tried her little heart out! She showed some greenness by being a bit wobbly and she was bulging a little away from the white boards so I fully expect to have lost lots of marks for straightness. I couldn't believe that she had scored 66.25% in the first class which was enormous to be in 3rd place when we left! I didn't hang around for the second score, but actually i'm not too concerned what the judge thought as I think she was a darling!

10320469_699063270141450_2310646082693280617_n.jpg

10435068_699063216808122_2655981281135523516_n.jpg
10406479_699062770141500_5430281335218841199_n.jpg

10463957_699062660141511_6470306406463693359_n.jpg
Untitled_zpsb6494187.png
4_zpsbc12450f.png
2_zps64c01694.png
3_zps62015b4a.png

Prelim 7
[video=youtube;lzu78nj6Iyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzu78nj6Iyc&list=UU85SJhsT-VgXLQ7hcgQ8LKg[/video]
Prelim 17:
[video=youtube;Trlna8ZqJj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trlna8ZqJj4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So hopefully you can now understand why I am super-duper excited about my little Jam Jar - she has such a lovely willing brain, and also seems to have the talent to match so I'm really excited about what the future may hold for us :)

And finally a quick Q on BD RoR.... I have taken the plunge and decided to give the prelim RoR class a crack at Sparsholt during the festival and was just wondering whether people who had experience of these classes could give me a heads up on what to expect in terms of class size and standard?

Thanks for reading :)

almostthere

Visit site
I watched your videos on FB and have to say that she looked amazing and very well balanced considering her age. She also looks much more relaxed between the boards than my "much older and should know better" reschooling project! :) Seriously, well done. She is an absolute credit to you and it's a testament to your relationship that she trusted you in that environment. Once again, a relationship with a horse that will do everything for you...move over Monty Roberts here comes Alexis!!!

PorkChop

Visit site
She is completely adorable and very exciting for the future, you have done a super job with her and I look forward to reading about her adventures!

Branna

Visit site
What a gorgeous little mare! No idea about BD ROR but I can see why you are so excited about her!

lex2501

Visit site
I think you are right to be excited - she looks great
:) Thank you! I do sometimes wonder if my rose tinted glasses make people think I am cuckoo so it's always nice to hear others think she is a little cracker too :)

I watched your videos on FB and have to say that she looked amazing and very well balanced considering her age. She also looks much more relaxed between the boards than my "much older and should know better" reschooling project! :) Seriously, well done. She is an absolute credit to you and it's a testament to your relationship that she trusted you in that environment. Once again, a relationship with a horse that will do everything for you...move over Monty Roberts here comes Alexis!!!
Oh you are going to make me blub!!!! I adore her, and I like to think she enjoys my company too so hopefully we make a good team :) I'm so proud of her, she is such a lovely little generous mare! Thank you so much for your lovely comments and I really look forward to seeing you on sunday! There is a bottle of bubbly in the fridge already!!

She is completely adorable and very exciting for the future, you have done a super job with her and I look forward to reading about her adventures!
Thank you - really lovely to hear! Much appreciated :)

So glad that she has healed up. I seem to remember seeing pictures of her injury. She's definitely one to watch for the future. Good luck. :)
It was a real shocker of an injury but it is absolutely incredible how well it has healed! The whole album of photos is here in case you are interested :) Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.698106680237109.1073741842.490640787650367&type=3

What a star!
And hopefully a SUPERstar one day ;)

Definitely looks like she wants to give Billy a run for his money! How exciting.
Well done :) :)
She has some awfully big shoes to fill if she thinks she is going to give Billy a run for his money but she's a determined little monkey :D

Oh I love her! She is such a star. Well done :)
Ahh thank you!!

What a gorgeous little mare! No idea about BD ROR but I can see why you are so excited about her!
:) Thank you! I shall let you know how we get on at the RoR class!!

lex2501

Visit site
I have just realised the jumping video didn't display properly so here it is!

[video=youtube;dAyCazb_ZlU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAyCazb_ZlU&list=UU85SJhsT-VgXLQ7hcgQ8LKg[/video]

Javabb94

Visit site
Looking fab as always!! Jam is super cute! Hoping my little ex racer bobby will turn out like her :) I've only had him 3 weeks so very much in the most basic stages teaching him he can actually bend!

Just out of interest how do you find the micklem on her? Mine is quite sensitive round his ears etc so maybe he would find this more comfortable.