I want to be a Showing Judge...

sherwood'

Visit site
So I contacted the BSHA and Sport Horse GB and have got the forms. I have plenty of experience showing hunters/ workers etc with good results and would be really keen to get into the judging and think I have a good eye.

The forms involve you being propsoed and seconded with references from judges on the respective panels so i am a bit stumpted as am from N. Ireland orginally (moved to London a few months back) so i dont no anyone on the panels that i could ask.

Should i just give up at this stage (altho i wud love to do it) or does anyone have any ideas? Anyone on any of the panels who could nominate me??!!

siennamum

Visit site
I looked into this for Sport Horse GB ages ago, but think it's a closed book/old boys network tbh.
Different societies have different methods of becoming a judge, so it's also worth speaking to people like the BSPS.
I also thought that if I could really be bothered I would try volunteering as a steward for local larger shows, also difficult to get into but a good starting point and a way to get noticed by people in the 'inner circle'.