I was amazed..................................

Mooch

photobucket.com
I went to have a look at a stunning ID x TB yesterday.

Her owner said that she would take a wee in a bucket!!!!!!!!!!

So, you take it with a pinch of salt and I went to see her.

And blow me, after I had ridden her she was popped back into her stable. Her mum went in with the bucket and she got into position and took a pee straight in the bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have all their horses do it!!!!!!!!

I have seen clean horses and horses with quirks but that!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW

Do any of your horses do it?

cosmo_sam

www.cosmohorse.com
I've known geldings to wee on a whistle in a bucket, but never a mare!
smile.gif

Nic

Visit site
Mine do but they are all boys.

ETS: Makes a big difference to the mucking out if you get the first night time one & 1st morning pee.
blush.gif

Sooty

Visit site
I tried to teach Brano this, and would rush in with a bucket once he had started but he would stop. He began to look as if he was going to have performance enxiety, so I just let him pee on the floor. It is so handy if you can teach them though - I might try again once he is a bit older.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Mare at friends yard used to pee in a bucket before she was fed at night. My mare oftern pees after she is ridden, so sometimes throw a skip under her to catch it (save a bit of bedding
smile.gif
).

Mooch

photobucket.com
I thought that! lol

I asked how it all started and they said that they always pick their feet out into a bucket and one day their old mare took a wee wee as they finished and the lady caught it in the bucket.

The mare was a bit shocked at the noise but she carried on.

So now every time they take any of them into the stable they take the bucket with them and it has just become part of the routine.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Yep - that's what we do.

Big lad has a trigger - and pees in to a bucket. One of the mares also comes straight in from excercise and wees, so a bucket is always on hand for her.

It's amazing how much bedding is saved, and how much cleaner their stabels are - especially when they are on rubber matting.

GoJo

Visit site
my boy always has a wee after a ride as soon as he goes back in his stable so i have a bucket for him ready now and he wees straight into that- also ahs a poo every time so bucket there for that too- he's a predictable gelding!

Mooch

photobucket.com
I think you should!

All they do is drum the bottom of the bucket with their fingers, so it makes a watering into a bucket noise and off they go!!!!

I'm not sure Jerry would want me following him around the field though!!!!!!!

Mooch

photobucket.com
Its not something I have ever thought about, especially with any of mine living out, but it would have been very handy when little Chantelle was in.

She use to go straight in a pee in her bed every time I cleaned it out. So, I'm sure she would have been fine.

I guess you can soften the sound by putting some bedding in the bottom of the bucket to start with.

They said that their boys would stop to start with and this is why they find them harder to train. But, after a while they are fine too.

So, go women, off with your bucket!!!!!!!!!!!

Mooch

photobucket.com
Thats what these owners said (re the bedding) and I can see why.

They also said about how much bedding it saves when the horses go onto the spring grass.

I bet it helps with the smell too.

vivhewe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Her owner said that she would take a wee in a bucket!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you meant the owner went for a pee in a bucket
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Mooch

photobucket.com
Any of mine do. (live out that is)

But even then you get the cleaner ones that will poop in certain spots.

Makes it so much easier to poo pick.

McCoy I had was like this, but my old lad Jerry just goes where ever.

shellonabeach

Visit site
Mine won't pee into a bucket on command but I do try to catch them!

I have to put a handful of bedding into the bottom of the bucket to stop the splash back or he gets very upset - he's a big girl who stands on tip toes to have a wee (after carefully positioning himself especially in the wind!)

I did read once though that by training them to pee into a bucket they may hold themselves until a bucket was provided - which could be many hours overnight.

Pidge

Visit site
Pidge goes for a wee when first put in his box at night, so now I get my poop scoop put a couple of handfuls of shavings in it and hold it under him and he wees in there! First couple of times he was like WTF are you doing mum, but he has now got used to his eccentric mother
smirk.gif