I was very naughty this weekend

Kelly1982

Visit site
And i took Senza to the XC
crazy.gif
I know i know!!! I said i didn't want to risk it and your all porbably gonna shoot me down but i still walked the course with my mate to keep her company and the further around we got the more i wanted to do it!!

Senza was sound by Friday evening so i popped her over a few jumps on Saturday in the school so that if she even looked slighty odd on the Sunday i could pull out. I also told my friend that if i did do it and i wasn't happy then i would retire and she would have to carry on without me which she was fine with.

Anyway trotted her up Sunday morning and she was as sound as a pound!!! So booted her up to the eye balls and took her up there.

Was really nervous as she has never even seen a XC jump before ha ha. Anyway we took it steady and over no1, 2 & 3 she jumped about 10 foot in the air looking at it between her legs bless her No4 we had a stop as they were tyres but i patted her and took her at it again and she flew it. She jumped the rest of the course like a pro including the steps, a drop fence and a fence that as soon as you land you have to jump down a step then two strides and back up a step (sorry dont know all the techincal names ha ha).

She was such a star and thoroughly enjoyed herself. I checked her leg and all was fine so decided to do the singles. This time she knew what she was doing and flew the whole course and we went clear
grin.gif

Everyone who i was with was telling me to convert to the darkside and do eventing as they think she would make a much better eventer than SJ as she also has the paces for dressage but i'm afraid i am not quite so convinced yet!!!

Was gonna get some photos but where the course was only 2'3-2'6 and she is really big they didn't come out too well and she was jumping hollow again
mad.gif

Got back home and turned her out for a few hours and checked her leg again and everything was ok and she was still sound and my friend told me she was sound this morning too so am really pleased about that.

I was grinning from ear to ear all day yesterday and will definatly be taking her again. She really enjoyed it too as she was still jogging all the way home LOL

The Body Protector did nothing for my figure though
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
well done!! Only you know your horse and it was totally up to you what you did with her. I think i wouldve been the same in that if she was sound then i probably wouldve taken her and then pulled up if i had felt there was a problem.

Well done again, you must be so pleased with her x

Kelly1982

Visit site
I am really pleased with her
grin.gif

I know if something is wrong with her as usually even if she isn't lame but has a cut or something she will keep going disunited in canter and there was none of this on Sunday so i knew she was ok. Was a bit worried about the drop fence but she jumped it like a pro.

Luckily i had an understanding partner so it made me feel a lot better in case i did want to pull up.

CJ1

Visit site
Oh, i think i might have spoke to you in the practice ring? Was talking to a girl saying her horse had never seen xcountry jumps before
smile.gif
Glad you had fun, my chap flew everything. i think i shut my eyes as we pinged the rail up the top of the steps and almost went face first into the sunken road!

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yes i think that was me
smile.gif
Was you on a Chestnut too??

Ha ha sounds like you had a good time too, well done for going clear
smile.gif

I really enjoyed the course and thought it was quite a nice one for her first time.

Rambo

Visit site
Sounds like Senza could turn into a x-country machine then
grin.gif
When you bought her she was advertised as a potential eventer too wasn't she ?

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yeah she was, her mum was an eventer and evented at quite a high level and her dad was dressage!!

Dont tell her that though otherwise she might want a change in career too
tongue.gif

Do wonder sometimes if she would be better off in either a dressage or eventing home but she is stuck with me for the time being.

CJ1

Visit site
Yep, chestnut roany thing with big feet
smile.gif

I loved the course, esp the long gallop up the hill to see an ambulance man waiting at the top, i was going to ask for his gas and air mix! heehee

Kelly1982

Visit site
Aww was nice to meet you
smile.gif

I didn't realise that half my yard were standing at the top of that hill and were all cheering for me which was a nice suprise.

I needed the ambulance man there on Saturday when i walked the course LOL. My friend was lucky enough to be pulled up the hill by her dog. More visits to the gym me thinks
grin.gif

CJ1

Visit site
Had i have known it was you i would have said a proper hello
smile.gif

Did you wait for the results to come in or photos? Ive emailed the secretary to find out.

samp

Visit site
Well done the fence where jump down a drop then up a step is called a sunken road. I was meant to go XC but decided to go for a lesson instead

Kelly1982

Visit site
I took her back to the yard and the drove back up there. She was getting bored waiting and wouldn't stand still.

I was too slow though
frown.gif
But i'm still happy with the result
smile.gif
Pics weren't all that either unfortunatly which was a shame as i wanted one of our first ever XC.

Did you get any pics??

CJ1

Visit site
havent seen the offical piccies but 2 friend have got some snaps and hopefully will download them today.
(did you get a ribbon for a clear round, as per the entry form?)

Kelly1982

Visit site
No didn't realise you could get one, i didn't put the entries in my friend did it for me. Oh well, will know next time
smile.gif

ClaireH78

Visit site
Well done Kelly, it was good to finally meet you!!

If anyone was there in the morning I was the starter, in the pink coat.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yeah it was great to finally meet you and now i can put a face to a name
smile.gif

After i saw you Senza and my friends horse got loose from the trailer and went galloping round the car park LOL. Apparently a piece of paper blew into Senza's face, she panicked and backed into the other horse and the both went galloping off. Luckily they let someone catch them thank god, brief heart attack moment!!

You will have to keep me updated on the new girly too
smile.gif

Allykat

Visit site
Ooooh I was there too......well done for your rounds
smile.gif
I heard your name on the tannoy thingy but didn't have a clue which person you were ha ha!!

I saw the 2 loose neds too I think my friend went to catch one of them.

I didn't realise you could get a rossette for a clear round Humph
frown.gif
got a slow clear round.....and also fancied a bit of oxygen from the ambulance man at the top of the hill
grin.gif