I was watching ITV racing today......

{97702}

Visit site
and I looked around to see my own two ex-racers ❤️ I had to take a pic of Marty, it’s unusual that the light is right to show off a black hound well?

I adore my terriers, George is wonderful and I cannot wait until Colin joins us..... but pointy dogs are just the best ❤️❤️❤️❤️
A4B33E92-87F0-4D25-8BA1-F53324908175.jpeg331989F1-77DC-4F4C-82F5-0CBFC3E123AD.jpeg

{97702}

Visit site
They look so noble Levsqueelev (think that covers everything)

You have won HHO for today :D :D :D :D

In my (limited) defence I was told by a number of users on another that Levrier was better than Squee... so I sent a PM to Forum Admin Team not expecting much response - and they changed it back! It took me a while to even notice :D :D Seems I am stuck with it :p

{97702}

Visit site
In total honesty, they are both as thick as two short planks really but incredibly loving and adorable! As the saying goes, how much brain do you really need to chase a fake rabbit around a track..... but they are loyal, adorable, handsome, rewarding, lovable and I wouldn't ever want to be without either of them >3 >3

I totally agree with you ASBMO, when I used to get asked to do transport runs for rescue dogs the thing that always made me feel so humble was that they were so happy and loving regardless of what had happened to them in the past? It used to bring tears to my eyes....

EventingMum

Visit site
In total honesty, they are both as thick as two short planks really but incredibly loving and adorable! As the saying goes, how much brain do you really need to chase a fake rabbit around a track..... but they are loyal, adorable, handsome, rewarding, lovable and I wouldn't ever want to be without either of them >3 >3

George certainly isn't thick and I would be very surprised if Colin is found lacking in the brain cell department!

{97702}

Visit site
George certainly isn't thick and I would be very surprised if Colin is found lacking in the brain cell department!

No no this was Marty and Ace I was meaning - good heavens I could never call terriers thick, but the greyhound boys are very different ?❤️ Greyhounds are so relaxed and chilled and happy, they are a total delight - but they are generally a bit dim, particularly the boys!

EventingMum

Visit site
No no this was Marty and Ace I was meaning - good heavens I could never call terriers thick, but the greyhound boys are very different ?❤️ Greyhounds are so relaxed and chilled and happy, they are a total delight - but they are generally a bit dim, particularly the boys!

Sorry, my post wasn't clear, I knew you were referring to handsome Marty and Ace! You will certainly have a contrast with two terrier brains to contend with.

{97702}

Visit site
Ah sorry, yes I see now! Apologies, it’s clearly past my bed time ??

I think that’s why I like having terriers as well, it’s such a fantastic contrast? Colin’s breeder has already said he is a handful so that is going to be fun, but the big dogs are so easy going and accepting that they take everything in their stride - it’s wonderful ?

palo1

Visit site
Noooo, no matter how many terriers Lev has, for me she will always be a greyhound person!! :) Terriers are the cake sprinkles and many other things that are equally significant but really, I reckon it's hard to be a hound person without having them terrierists too for balance...

MuddyTB

Visit site
That picture of Marty is brilliant. You need to submit that to some charities for inclusion on their calendars.
A good pic of a black hound is ideal as they always say they are hardest to home, (which I just don't understand).

And couldn't agree more about the boys lack of grey matter. The girls are a different story though.

{97702}

Visit site
That picture of Marty is brilliant. You need to submit that to some charities for inclusion on their calendars.
A good pic of a black hound is ideal as they always say they are hardest to home, (which I just don't understand).

And couldn't agree more about the boys lack of grey matter. The girls are a different story though.

Oh I totally agree - the girls are as sharp as anything, nothing escapes them lol! The contrast really is quite odd ?

I’ve got quite a few pics already submitted for the annual calendar but I think you are right, I’ll send that one through as well - I love black hounds and never understand why they aren’t popular ?