I will not fall off.............video

_GG_

Visit site
I'd have sent him flying if he dug his spur in my neck like that. :D

These videos honestly divide my feelings. Can really see the funny side, but I also feel really bad for the horses carrying someones full weight with their necks.

paddi22

Visit site
I think the guy comes across as a bit of an assh*le. he didn't even pat or reward the horse for standing. And he must have jabbed it several times while trying to climb back on.

Kikke

Visit site
I think the guy comes across as a bit of an assh*le. he didn't even pat or reward the horse for standing. And he must have jabbed it several times while trying to climb back on.

^^^^this, poor horse, neck is being pulled out of his shoulders and doesn't even at a pat :mad: ( that quick one was not a proper pat! )

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
It would take FAAAR more than one skinny guy hanging off it to pull a horse's neck out of it's shoulders - anyone ever been lifted off their feet by a horse sticking it's head up suddenly?

babymare

Visit site
Oh dear god my oh just asked what i was laughing at but by heck your determination to not touch floor was brilliant but your horse was a star. pure star . thank you so much for sharing. both of you deserve a hearty slap on back :) x

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
You realise how strong a horse's neck is when they snap leather martingales !
What a lovely horse :) Don't know the rider so can't judge his personality from a short video, but a little reward for the horse would be nice to see !

Love

Visit site
Oh no I thought he was going to make it! Haha. Kenny would have wandered off to find food, whether I was attached to his neck or not!

_EddiesMum_

Visit site
Well that was inevitable! What a shame though, saint of a horse. Especially when he was kicking about at its legs trying to get back on with spurs on!! Should have given up as soon as he was under it's neck! Dafty... Plus he doesn't kiss the horse he's just trying to get back on and I'm not sure he's even patting it, just correcting his reins. If he's a professional rider he's done nothing for his reputation!

Last edited:

3OldPonies

Visit site
I'm with Paddi22. He should have just let go - what a prat. Was funny to watch the first time until I realised that he was trying to use the knees of the horse as way to boost himself back up.

Mince Pie

Visit site
Oh HHO sense-of-humour-failure again I see...

I thought it was hilarious and I personally have been guilty of hanging on for grim death before - obviously I should be stoned at dawn :rolleyes: :D

IamNOTfallingoff_zps55a917fa.png

paddi22

Visit site
I've no problem with anyone hanging on with grim determination - it's saved me many a time, I'm a big fan of it!!! I DO think he jabbed the horse needlessly in the legs and neck several times and didn't have the good grace to reward it or see the humour in the situation. He did look ridiculously funny hanging on, but would have been funnier if he'd the good grace to see how ridiculous it was and laughed and patted the horse after it.

I can see at high level eventing how getting eliminated isn't a laughing matter though, so he was probably just frustrated.

Can't believe I've just written a rant about a funny youtube video!

Short version - i think video is funny but reward the horse cause you've jabbed it!

lcharles

Visit site
Well he rode like a bag of poo! Poor horse!

My horse however would not of tolerated me hanging off him, or would of charged off around the arena with me still attached!

Could of patted him properly but still very funny!! Definately an embarrassing moment!! x