I wonder how many people still have not got....

Cuffey

Visit site
A Horse Passport
Spoke to lovely family I had not met before, lovely horse nicely cared for, daughter gone to Uni, horse lonely. Daughter non-competitive just hacked locally and on farm. When they went to loan it out they discovered it needed a passport.
The legislation has been in for ages, my passports dated 2004, puzzled about vet and jabs--maybe it isnt vaccinated, I didnt get that far.
Just wondered how many others are out there and if more publicity is needed in local papers etc These are the type of people I would not like to see get in 'bother' they are not deliberately flouting the rules.

Chunkie

Visit site
My horse has a passport and her jabs are always up to date, yet my vet has never asked to see the passport.......

TBH, if I was alone on a farm and just hacked out, I would never have known about passports either!

Vizslak

Visit site
tbh passports arent working really are they, yep i kno plenty of horses with no passports, i lost my old boys passport, vet didnt care put him and a few other pones without on 1 piece of card when vaccinating, my other horses hav passports, one doesnt hav true age on and neither hav been put into last owners name, its all rubbish. i wouldnt b put off buyin a horse just cos it didnt have a passport.

sueandtoto

Visit site
Our vets always ask to see Toto's passport before jabs ect , and our local riding club and pony club insist the passport is always with the pony if it is at one of their shows /rallies , people on our yard must have passports because we all use the same vets
smile.gif

eekmon

Visit site
I had one for my horse when they first came out, vet never asked for it once in all the years he was seen ( he was operated on once too )
I recently had him pts & thought i would have to send it somewhere but no , nothing
crazy.gif

Personally if i had just a hack & wasnt going competing ect i wouldn't wast my money !!

Befney3

Visit site
I have a passport for my boy & it has all his jabs recorded in it from birth (he's nearly 11). The vet always asks to see it & it had to be sent off to complete his BSJA registration. The passport came with him when I bought him.
My mare, who was put to sleep a year ago, had a Pleasure Horse Society passport which I sent off for when the passport laws first came. When she died, I had to send the passport back.

Erehwemos

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Personally if i had just a hack & wasnt going competing ect i wouldn't wast my money !!

[/ QUOTE ]

My girl doesnt have one, and, as I dont do anything other than hack or the occasional sponsored ride, I dont think it is worth bothering. I will probably get one if it looks like we will be going out and about more over the summer, but at the moment I just think what's the point? Vet has never asked to see it - in fact he is aware I dont have one - he thinks its all one big farce too!