Ideal Impala Jump Saddle

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Anybody have one of these?

I had one fitted to my horse last night and it was DIVINE so I'm looking to get one. It is however, 'slightly' more expensive than all of the other saddles I've ever bought at £1,800...but it is my mare and I's 10 year anniversary tomorrow so I think we both deserve a little treat :D

Before I go ahead and spend that kind of money, I'm interested in reviews on their quality over the long term, and opinions on monoflap vs dual flap. I prefer the look of the mono but feel of the dual - I think this is just because it's what I'm used to though. Either one will be fitted by my saddler.

Or if anybody knows of anything similar please offer suggestions on event/jump saddles, my saddler didn't have a huge range available in my mares size so I only had 3 to choose from.

Also if anybody has a good quality second hand Ideal Impala Jump in a 17 or 17.5inch medium wide in black for sale please contact me :p

Thanks!

Attachments

• Ideal Impala.jpg
    Ideal Impala.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Monoflap.jpg
    Monoflap.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 6

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i hated mine, I loved it at first sit but I couldn't stay in balance in it XC (dual flap). But other people love them, I know that, so don't let that put you off :p it wore well and I sold it for little less than I paid. They do come up 2nd hand now and then on FB, it's a common size so I'd def keep an eye on the saddle selling pages.

From choice these days I'd always have a monoflap though, I found I could feel the girth buckles quite strongly through the flap which was irritating.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have had 2 of the monoflaps, both twisted after a short time!

I have not had issues with other saddles twisting.

The saddler did tell me with the last one that he thought the tree was true, just that the stitching was not straight and possibly had not been from new, as he had known it happen before.

Happily, I noticed the last one was crooked within 6 weeks and the saddler took it back and refunded me.

I have since had an Equipe which was not the most supportive but was bang straight (and stayed that way) even though it was a 2015 model, and now she has settled on what size she is going to be I have splashed out on a second hand Childeric (1 year old and like new) which is gorgeous and cost the same as a new Impala Pro, but feels like a million dollars!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ah, well I didn't mention that mine was squint too, and the only other ideal that I've had was also wonky in the tree. I thought I was just unlucky! I have a wow for jumping now.

Frumpoon

Visit site
I found the impala too small in the plate and I am not a massive person. I've now got 3 of the gazelles and find them much more supportive, although they do come up big

If the impala is definitely your preference there usually a few for sale on eBay

I use an ideal fitter who sometimes gets ex demos so if you are in my area I could ping you his details, they are never hugely expensive

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Thank you for your experiences. It really helps to get a balanced view, my heart was fluttering last night and this brings me back down to earth. I will keep researching the Impala and other options. I'm not sold on the flair type flocking personally I prefer the traditional wool flock.

I use an ideal fitter who sometimes gets ex demos so if you are in my area I could ping you his details, they are never hugely expensive

I'm between Bath and Bristol Frumpoon, don't know if that's anywhere near you? I'm sure there will be another local one if not.

Otherwise

Visit site
I had an ex demo dual flap impala a couple of years ago, I absolutely loved it and used it for everything although swapped the knee blocks for some bigger ones. I found it extremely comfortable and very secure, sat some cracking stops in it. As a bonus it was very easy to sell when I lost my horse.