For Sale Ideal VSD 18" XXW Saddle

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I have replaced my saddle after my boy slimmed down and out of his Black Ideal VSD, 18" XXW saddle.

Saddle is well used, so much so that I can't read the serial number anymore. I bought it second hand from a saddler nearly 5 years ago for £500.

It's in good working order, but has a few minor scratches which you'd expect at this age. Previously bought by the saddler from some friends who were using it on their native cob. I've used it for near 5 years on my HH.

I'm looking for around £400 and I'm based in Cheshire.

If anyone in this area has any advice on how best to sell a saddle, please let me know. Thanks.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I would say that's a fair hit narrower than xxw, somewhere around a wide. I always advise using those photos and kitting people decide for themselves though! It's very borderline for that group being a bigger seat size, not being very wide or a cob specific tree but depends which mod sees it first, I'm very strict :cool:

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I would say that's a fair hit narrower than xxw, somewhere around a wide. I always advise using those photos and kitting people decide for themselves though! It's very borderline for that group being a bigger seat size, not being very wide or a cob specific tree but depends which mod sees it first, I'm very strict :cool:
Thank you. Do I measure the straight distance between the D rings to get the actual width? I wasnt sure if it was XW or XXW. (Need to get a better picture of the width)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Thank you. Do I measure the straight distance between the D rings to get the actual width? I wasnt sure if it was XW or XXW. (Need to get a better picture of the width)

No, dee to dee means nothing at all and should never be used. I have photos of a mw and an xxw together with the same measurement. I really don't think it's even an xw, it's about angle, and it's just not that wide an angle. I would say you think it's w to xw but purchasers should refer to the photos and make their own minds up.

I will also say that its a bell shaped tree by the looks which means the pommel is narrower than the points, the points could be xw.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
No, dee to dee means nothing at all and should never be used. I have photos of a mw and an xxw together with the same measurement. I really don't think it's even an xw, it's about angle, and it's just not that wide an angle. I would say you think it's w to xw but purchasers should refer to the photos and make their own minds up.

I will also say that its a bell shaped tree by the looks which means the pommel is narrower than the points, the points could be xw.
Thank you, I'll take many more photos to be able to make it easier for potential buyers.