(ideally west) London livery

maletto

Visit site
I'm considering moving back to london after a year in the sticks.

what I need to know is where can I keep my horse? it'll need to be on full livery, with grazing and ideally some hacking. I'm thinking west london, no more than 45 mins drive from w14.

I'm hoping to ride twice in the week and both weekend days.

any thoughts? an indication of price would be helpful too, please! thank you!

jennywren07

Visit site
im in Greenford and your best bed is going out towards the m25. mine are in Iver and I know theres a few full livery places around.

Try Prestwick farm and moat farm in gerrards cross or sasha Hamilton in Seer green. I think theres actually a few places around seer green/ the chalfonts but I only ever go DIY so not sure of them.

maletto

Visit site
thank you so much for your reply. sadly I think working in canary wharf and living in W14 will mean I have to keep the horse in full livery if I want time to ride! will investigate tho, thanks again!

petsywetsy

Visit site
May I suggest Marie at Priory Stables in Langley? Easy for M4 and M40. Massive horsewalker for the days you are not riding.

arizonahoney

Visit site
thank you so much for your reply. sadly I think working in canary wharf and living in W14 will mean I have to keep the horse in full livery if I want time to ride! will investigate tho, thanks again!

Girl I know lives in Wapping and keeps her horse in Epsom Downs...motorbike means she is never sitting around in traffic.

petsywetsy

Visit site
Well, since you state W14 you obviously need to use the M4 or M40.

Priory is accessible from both. Many yards in Maidenhead, J8/9 M4. Have a look at Chiltern & Thames Rider in classifieds.

madmav

Visit site
If you're working in Canary Wharf and planning on living/keeping a horse in West of London, your commute is going to drive you crazy. Why not look south east, Kent, Essex instead? Just a thought from a well-seasoned commuting Londoner.

maletto

Visit site
If you're working in Canary Wharf and planning on living/keeping a horse in West of London, your commute is going to drive you crazy. Why not look south east, Kent, Essex instead? Just a thought from a well-seasoned commuting Londoner.

Yeah I had thought about this, but all my friends are west and I grew up west, so can't imagine myself living anywhere other than west!!

So then I thought if I'm going to have to schlep across London to get home, I may as well pick up the car and drive 45 mins out twice a week to ride. Weekends it'll be much easier to head out west than go anywhere SE too. Thanks for the idea though.

Twiglet

Visit site
not necessarily, I'd be happy to tackle the A3! thanks for all your suggestions, lots to check out!

You must be the only person in the world 'happy' to tackle the A3 :p

I'm pretty sure any route from W14 (is that Barons Court kind of way?) over to the A3 is going to be quite hellish in the evenings. I go from SW11 down the A3 (my house is about 300 yards from the A3) and it can take half an hour just to get through to the Putney Vale section.

You could live saaaarf of the river on the Putney side and it would be quicker...then you could look at Claygate/Cobham etc.

Not sure of the commute to there from the Wharf though - guess would be Jubilee to Waterloo and then overground?

chaps89

Visit site
Coming late to this thread but as some-one in the same position as you (living west london, doing a horrid commute to canary wharf) and horse hunting, did you ever find anywhere that works?