Ideas for 2016 legal Xc & general competition hat

Johnny999

Visit site
Hi,

I event a bit and dressage in the winter. Currently have a Uvex for Dressage and jumping. Really love the click adjustment.
I have an old HS1 for XC which never loosened a little and squeezes my brain. Sweat has also washed the markings off of it so unlikely to get re-tagged for 2016 season.

So looking at a new Xc/competition hat. I like the new gatehouse RXC and the shape maybe better for me. Are there any other great candidates? Anyone no of an XC hat with a uvex style click adjust?

Thank you for your thoughts

Shay

Visit site
I think - but am open to being wrong - that the click style adjust is part of the reason Uvex and similar hats can't get the higher safety standard. I'm sure I read it somewhere in the furore earlier in the year but can't find it now.

The best thing to do with any hat is to go to a qualified fitter and try them on. Different makes suit different shapes of head. I love the gatehouse ones - and they have a great safety record - but the shape is wrong for the shape of my head. I work better in Charles Owen Pro's - although not the Ayr8 bizarrely which I also love! Bear in mind that some governing bodies for XC now allow low profile peaked helmets XC and some don't. So if you are planning to follow a specific route check their rules. If you are more of a generalist stick to a no peak skull design.