Ideas for bored youngster in stable?

Nakita

Visit site
Well my youngster is stabled at the moment as she has taken to barging out of the fencing in fields, just leaning on it until it breaks. So she is in until the electric fencing arrives and is put up. Shouldn't be too long now but apart from turnips and lickits I have no other ideas how to keep her entertained? She has been going out walks and getting up to the school to play but does anyone have any ideas how to keep her entertained while I'm not there?

x

sonnyd

Visit site
you can buy a large plastic ball for horses, they have holes in them so you can put horse cubes in them.the horse pushes the ball around with its nose while the cubes fall out randomly,the horse gets a treat while keeping them busy.;)

proctor

Visit site
Horseball (as mentioned above) also you could put cubes/polos/treats in a haynet or among the hay in a haybar which ever you use. Also I find having a radio playing nearby helps too :)

figgy

Visit site
hi, i got my young horse a mirror he loves it, he will sleep infront of it and drags his haylage over so he can eat with the other horse,( bless he dont no its him) :)