Ideas for getting rid of the smell of horse pee??

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I've just washed 4 jackets on 50 degrees and they've all still got that slight wiff of wee about them!

Is there anything I can use that can get rid of it? One of them was only bought a few months ago, so don't really fancy chucking them all away and having to buy new for next winter!

nicelittle

Visit site
I use Soda Crystals in with the wash and a capful of disinfectant, works well, and also gets rid of that sweaty smell in well worn t-shirts. If the smell is too bad, soak in a soda crystal and disinfectant solution before washing

friesian76

Visit site
I use a sports wash liquid called halo. Its got a nice smell and seems to get rid of odours well. I only use a small amount in with my usual wash.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
just been outside to do the sniff test! just hung out and sprayed some vanilla febreeze and they smell okay now :)

but will try the other ideas next time I wash them :)

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Dettol have a fabic conditioner stuff that kills the germs which make the smell, unfortunately my clothes all seem to have a smell which is not "floral" now, but I think this started when I decided to do a rinse wash with only bleach, no clothes in order to clean the machine, not sure if that was a good idea, but I did it again yesterday regardless!

WelshD

Visit site
I put a drop of Zoflora disinfectant in with the washing powder, also do it with towels etc, everything always comes out smelling great