If Dubarrys aren't the best boot, what are?

brightmount

Visit site
I loved my ariat Grasmeres and wore them to death, they lasted about 3 years but cracked across the top of the foot. The same has happened with a cheaper version of ariats (like the Windermere but with a foldover top, I can't remember the name but they are discontinued). So I bought some Mountain Horse yard boots but they were so clumpy I didn't get on with them. I went back to my broken ariats and plugged the cracks with sugru!

I have a fantastic pair of Aigle wellies I got from an equestrian boot fair. They are soft rubber and non-clumpy, and they lace up the front. They have lasted years with no sign of cracking, they are fully waterproof and comfortable to wear.

BSL

Visit site
I use ariat grassmeres, I am not the best at keeping them clean or treating. I do alot of walking that wears the soles. I find, I replace every 18 months, which I think is more than fair with the use/care they get.

HashRouge

Visit site
I've got a fab pair of dunlop wellies, still on the go after five years of regular use. They're not a horsey brand but they do a fab job and they're cheap as chips - I think mine were about £15!

Ponio_lover

Visit site
I've had my Ariat Windermere's for 3 1/2 years and they are in great condition, other than the shoe horn being needed to put them on! Inside lining appears to have dropped a bit on one but you'd never know once they're on. They do definitely soak up the smell of horse pee though, I blame the suede!

Pocketr@cket

Visit site
I had a pair of Ariat grassmere which lasted one winter, I sent them back to Ariat , they glued them and returned. I was less than impressed.

I now have some chameau's that are now going into their third winter. They really get some hard use as I wear them all winter for everything except riding. I've noticed some mild perish lines on the ankles but I do drive in them. I've recently purchased some spray that's for reproffing them made by chameau so will see if that helps their longevity.

Beausmate

Visit site
I bought a pair of these http://www.footwearcountry.co.uk/sh...ca-boots-goretex-chelsea-dark-brown-3215.html last year and have neglected them horribly! The leather has cracked and despite spraying them with the proper Chiruca waterproofer, the water still got into the leather. I have used Ko-cho-line on them now and I'm hoping they're fixed BUT the water never got through the lining, despite squelching around in calf-deep mud and getting hosed off every night.

The only downside - they aren't that comfortable, which was easily solved with a pair of welly socks. 8/10 :)

Procrastination

Visit site
I'd buy a pair of Kanyon Gorse X-rider boots if I were you. They're so comfy, and you can ride in them. I've had mine three years, worn everyday and not looked after and they have only recently started leaking. They also have a very good selection of calf fittings.

For wellies I have a pair of Goodyear Streams (yeah the tyre company!), they are really thick rubber, very warm and comfy. Had at least two years and still going strong, no splits or leaks.

JulesRules

Visit site
My Toggi Canyons lasted a good 2 years which I think is okay for the price. They are still waterproof but the heel inside has gone.

I'm currently wearing a pair of cheapish wellies from the local camping shop which are a lunar brand. They are still going strong after 6 moths hard wear and are very comfy.

Following this thread as I'm considering a new pair of country boots for winter.

Oh and I have Grasmere for riding, but have only has them a few months. Love them so far though. They really hold my ankle well.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I have a pair of homebase wellies at £13 that have been through 3-4 winters now for muddy walks and yard work. Grasmeres for riding, again about 4-5 years old.

I have a pair of century wellies which are made like hunters used to be, but they don't slop on as easy as the homebase ones, equally better for sticky mud as they never get pulled off either!

case895

Visit site
I have reproofed my Dubarrys with their own cream and spray many times, but they are still as waterproof as a pair of open toed sandals. Even walking through dew covered grass in my freshly proofed boots will give me wet socks after about 20 paces. Not impressed.

crystalclear

Visit site
I have reproofed my Dubarrys with their own cream and spray many times, but they are still as waterproof as a pair of open toed sandals. Even walking through dew covered grass in my freshly proofed boots will give me wet socks after about 20 paces. Not impressed.

Oh dear! This has def confirmed it for me thank you. But sorry to hear you have wet feet. I'm sorry but your likeness to open toes sandals made me laugh

Imogen Rose

Visit site
The best pair of wellies I have were 5 quid feom tesco. I have had them years!! They have outlived around 6 pairs of expensive wellies owned by my mum, so im very impressed to say the least!