If im not single by the end of January I will eat a bag of tripe

CAYLA

Visit site
Because im pushing my luck way past the boundaries, not only did OH drive me to Scotland to take a dog to its new home whilst i slept off the night shift at stupid o clock in the morning for me to go to bed asap on return.

Not only did I rock up home from work with a little husky x pup (after saying no more) cos I could not see her go to the dog warden.

Not only did he accompany me on home checks tonight to which we finished at 10pm )his back is aching) he had spinal surgery and spends most days in pain:(

I HAVE ONLY NOW GOT A DOG IN THE VAN IN A CRATE WHICH HE WILL OPEN TOMORROW TO START HIS DOG WALKING ROUND:eek: (a neighbour just stopped me in the street) YOU KNOW COS THEY DONT HAVE A HOUSE LIKE ME!!:rolleyes: putting bins out and my usual present for bin men (cans of beer) and they present me with a puppy who is hanging around their door (sigh) I cant see it roaming the streets can I:rolleyes: so I have bedded it down (its a hairy beast) so not gonna feel the cold and it aint coming in (as I dont know it its harbouring anything) I scanned and is not chipped):rolleyes:

HE IS FAST ASLEEP O THE SETTEE AND I AINT WALKING HIM TO SAY "OH BY THE WAY THERE IS A DOG IN THE CAR:eek::eek:
I feel so sorry for my OH, im semi pissed its true, but he deserves more than me that for sure, he must despair:( I am sure he could find a normal trouble animals free life somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh well)

sorry not like me to do a pity post, i need a life!!!

Moomin1

Visit site
Not sure I would be keeping a dog in a crate in the back of a van overnight, particularly one which you don't know. Unless of course the crate is massive.

Moomin1

Visit site
I also find it strange how a neighbour happens to be waiting for you to put rubbish out at this time of night in order to present you with a random puppy who has been left at their doorstep!

And your OH is VERY understanding btw!

CAYLA

Visit site
Its now indoors, (in garage) in small crate. it will not be coming in the house, I have an unvaxed new arrival in (puppy) so it will remain there till tomorrow. Atleast OH wont get a shock which is the only reason its in (otherwise it would be fine in van) in crate better than running the roads and being hit by a car.

CAYLA

Visit site
I also find it strange how a neighbour happens to be waiting for you to put rubbish out at this time of night in order to present you with a random puppy who has been left at their doorstep!

And your OH is VERY understanding btw!

I don't! he thought it was mine (hence shouting my name) and "is this yours"?
(not mine, and dont recognise it) small neighbourhood and definately not their dog or anyone else in my small street! I live on edge of countryside so I shall take it to vets tomorrow, hopefully someone has called by then.

They where outside their house with said pup after it ran up to their dog who proceeded to attack it (very friendly pup) when they had their dog out for the toilet, it was about 1am when they shouted up the street.

It was not left at their door step either, it ran up to the door step as they where going back in house!!!!

Ps, had they not shouted up and was I not out putting beer out near bin then they would have knocked on anyway or let pup run off.

Last edited:

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Your OH sounds wonderful, but I think there's a reason why he loves you, so don't beat yourself up too much.

Glad the puppy is settled, bet he wasn't worried about where he slept last night as long as it was safe and out of the weather, he was probably exhausted.
Happy Christmas Puppy.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
He will never leave you, he knows no-one else would have you:p:D I think he would find life very dull with a normal girl:rolleyes::D

Seriously though it sounds like it never rains but it pours, hopefully life will return to normality and you can get ready for the floodgates to open after Christmas when everyone starts dumping those pressies.:(:mad:

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Aw, you know he loves you really!

What's wrong with leaving a dog in a crate in a van overnight, my dog has spent whole weekends overnighting in the van and he hasn't keeled over yet....

NeverSayNever

Visit site
heheh Merry Christmas Cayla and Mr Cayla :D

PS: My dogs, as do thousands of other, sleep overnight in crates, in a van at comps most weekends from April - October.

Now then - pics please:cool: thems the rules:p

CAYLA

Visit site
Aw, you know he loves you really!

What's wrong with leaving a dog in a crate in a van overnight, my dog has spent whole weekends overnighting in the van and he hasn't keeled over yet....

Lol, indeed NeverSayNever and CC..........nowt wrong with it at all, i only moved him so OH did not have to fart on if he was up before me and out, my garage is the same as the van and in a small crate which is where he remained, perfectly silent and slept:)

CazD

Visit site
Border terrier.
I took it to the vets:) very quiet in crate, never made a peep, I got up very early to drop him to vets to save OH finding yet another random dog:p

God-damn-it. why cant you be closer? i've been looking for a youngish border/border x for ages but they never come up in rescue by me.

CAYLA

Visit site
Thread about puppies and THERE ARE NO PICS? Come on Cayla you knows the rules!

Nope but I will if no one turns up for it I will get pics of the fuzzy beast, he has an injury on leg so maybe he was clipped by a car or caught it on something, so on treatment for that and dog warden informed and all local vets, not sure if a chuck our or genuinely lost Its erm "LIVELY" to say the least;)

TrasaM

Visit site
It sounds like you are doing a great job :)
years ago when living in Dublin in a bedsit, I picked up a little terrier , westie I think, and bought it home with me as it was in a very distressed state. I sneaked it into my room and fed and watered it and then it conked out in my chair. Early following morning I was woken by a happy waggy dog licking my face. I took him outside in case he wanted to pee and he took off never to be seen again. I always thought that once he'd thanked me he carried on with his search for his owner.

Keep up the good work and get in touch if you ever get a german pinscher dumped on you as I'd like one. :)

CAYLA

Visit site
Unfortunately not. we have already have a young bitch and so far have only found an elderly border x and another that was not dog friendly.

Where abouts are you?

Come to think of it we also have a little border terrier x boy again just under 2 years on reserve till january.
and we rehomed a beautiful border terrier x boy into a home where we had already homed a border terrier bitch about 8 weeks ago.

Last edited:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
You could have a point. He did say if I ever left him he would start breeding dogs to spite me:eek::rolleyes::D
He said it's the only thing he can think of that would anger me:p

I like his style! I suspect by now you could never surprise him no matter how many dogs he found in the van of a morning.
As CC & NsN have said, loads of show/competition dogs spend nights in crates in vehicles. We used to go to Jersye every year for a week long agility festival, dogs spent the whole week sleeping in the vans.