If money were no object...

swampdonkey

Visit site
I just did it, I have just bought myself the new isabell werth dressage saddle, can't afford it, shouldn't have bought it but.... last 2 years have been rubbish (horsey wise) and this year I have decided that I am just going to do the things I want to do. (within reason). felt guilty when it came but have ridden in it 3 times now and love it!! glad I bought it.

I think you should GET IT!

Last edited:

McNally

Visit site
I have a friend or maybe aquaintence for who money is NO object and i mean no object. She's just built a state of the art yard with everything you could imagine for her horse, spent literally millions but the fact she has so so much money means she wants absolute perfection and people basicly see her coming and shaft her....Its not all its cracked up to be!

I'd have the very best vet treatment to fix my horses fetlock (or give him a new leg!!)

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
Polo Pony, you have impeccable taste (I nearly fainted at the price of that jacket :D)
If money were no object - and let's not be unambitious here - I'd buy more land and more horses! Oh and then all the stuff that one needs to go with them....

muddygreymare

Visit site
I'd buy a house with lots of land and stables, if it didn't have a school I'd build one, I'd have a horse walker too. I'd buy at least two more horses so my mare had companions, and would get myself some made to measure long boots and jodhs because I'm really tall and stick thin with big feet so no boots fit and neither do jodhs :rolleyes:

I can dream :D

dafthoss

Visit site
I'd buy some land to turn in to a yard for me and my boy, nothing big just all we need with enough land for him to live out all year. Then I'd get an eventing school master to teach me properly and they would both have nice shiney rugs and tack :D.

Polo*Pony

Visit site
I just did it, I have just bought myself the new isabell werth dressage saddle, can't afford it, shouldn't have bought it but.... last 2 years have been rubbish (horsey wise) and this year I have decided that I am just going to do the things I want to do. (within reason). felt guilty when it came but have ridden in it 3 times now and love it!! glad I bought it.

I hate the guilt that can come with buying things, but sounded like you really needed this saddle to give you a boost! Glad you love it so much and hope 2012 is a good year for you!

Polo Pony, you have impeccable taste (I nearly fainted at the price of that jacket :D)

Haha I know, it's outrageous really isn't it. I can't decide whether the disgust I feel when I see it is absolute jealousy because I know I want one, or the fact that I really do resent them being so expensive when that money could go for something more valuable. (Suppose it's only more valuable in my own opinion though, others may well think differently and that's fair enough).

Polo*Pony

Visit site
Having read through all the replies I feel I actually wasn't ambitious enough with my first post :p I was thinking about what everyday things I would upgrade if I had more money coming in.

However, if I had A LOT of money...

I would buy a new horse (to be honest, about £7-8k would probably buy me my perfect horse, anything more expensive would be a waste as chances are I'd have massively overhorsed myself - so no point spending £30k on a horse just because I had the money!).

Then I would buy land for me and horse - would love to have a couple of horses at home. I live NOWHERE near East Anglia yet am addicted to http://www.eaequestrian.co.uk/buy.htm ...

Then if there was anything left I'd buy some posh tack and matchy matchy :D and focus on getting out and about on trips and competitions etc.

I think the buying land is a common want - I suppose we all want the convenience of having the horses nearby and the security that comes with being able to check them regularly.

SNORKEY

Visit site
I want to buy a horse trailer but cant afford it, if money was no object Id get a big posh lorry for my groom to drive, if I had a groom!

Rosehip

Visit site
If I had just enough money to be 'comfortable' and not worry about money (too much!!) I would kit my girls out in Premier Equines and Rambo's, Id have a harrow and quad for the land, and have another shelter put in so that both girls had more space.
If I won the lottery then I would absolutely want a yard and farmhouse with enough room for Mum and Dad, and enough land for some sheep for Dad...etc etc etc!!

Bills

Visit site
Id be a big spender (I am now and can't really afford to be lol!)

I would buy lots of land, build a nice house with lots of stables, a horse walker, indoor and outdoor schools, all weather gallops, etc.. A couple more horses to fill my stables and kit them all out in ridiculously expensive tack and gear, cause im a poser!!!! :D :D

PandorasJar

Visit site
I'd buy a Kingsland show jacket :D:

http://www.kingslandequestrian.co.u...w+Jacket+Herringbone-+Classic+Velvet+Red/Navy

Or possibly an Equiport one. I have been drooling over them for a very long time but accept I will never have the money to buy one. :rolleyes: (wistful face rather than sarcastic!).

What would you buy if you didn't have to worry about money/being sensible or practical?

That is exactly the kind of price tag that would guarantee me ripping it first day! lol

Pan

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
If money were no object, I would buy the big field next to us, persuade the council to let us build two houses, sort the drainage out on the fields, rip our stabling and menage up and replace with brand new, redo all the fencing with post and rail, and electric. Have electric up at the yard and install CCTV camera which have tasers inbuilt *mwhaha*, buy the youngster I want to buy, hire a groom to do all the mucky jobs and to ride while I'm at uni.

I'd hire a couple of housekeepers - one for home and one for uni, buy my weight in kingsland jods and ariats, oh and be care-free regarding finances through uni. I'd also hire a cook actually to save me cooking as I hate it, and a chauffer to drive my car. I'd also swap my car for a kia sportage, or maybe an aston martin, or maybe both. Would also buy my dad an aston martin too.

But I'd still go to work. :D

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
*Bounces in waving duster and tin of polish* I'm a REALLY good cleaner/housekeeper/ironer/mopper/cook/dog walker/house sitter/horse sitter and I need a job so if there's anyone in the Bath/Somerset area who needs my services please let me know!!

Ahem. Thought I'd just get that in. Just in case anyone happens to win the lottery...

Polo*Pony

Visit site
Haha Gala your intro made me laugh! You sound just like a fairy godmother... But a bit far away for me :(
Good luck finding something.

rema

Visit site
Hehe i have just done it..I have just completed on my own little piece of land..It's is not a huge amount (31/2 acres) but enough for my two horses..do i feel guilty...erm let me see....No i do not..

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Haha Gala your intro made me laugh! You sound just like a fairy godmother... But a bit far away for me :(
Good luck finding something.

Thanks Polo Pony. I AM a fairy godmother, former clients have wept when I've moved on to other jobs (with regret I hasten to add, not relief). I'm amusing, organised, creative, trustworthy and come with some blastingly good references. :)

Heilo

Visit site
He's lovely :) I would probably go for the pony 21 - love that damline and I've yet to see an untalented FS Champion de Luxe!

Yes nice pony. Think I would buy that one for my daughter and have it with a trainer untill she is old enough. I would also go and stay away at so many shows as I love it. I would also train with Carl Hester and have training weeks away.:D